Pre-match | Liverpool v Atletico Madrid | CL Match day 4 | Wednesday November 3rd 20:00 | Anfield

That’s a bit different to saying ‘we are shite’. And let’s be honest, we were fortunate to avoid defeat against Brighton.

You like to eat what again? Weirdo…

3 Likes

Konate came up in the French junior system as a striker. He was moved to CB at around age 13-14, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I’ll be honest here, I don’t think that really counts.

jim gaffigan comedian GIF by TV Land

Carragher started off as a AM/ striker then ended up a CB.

Klopp says Fabinho and Thiago are in contention.

Of course, we know that Fabinho is probably more ready than Thiago. But good to hear that they could be in the squad, hopefully Fabinho starting and Thiago on the bench.

3 Likes

So ideally it would be Henderson - Fabinho - Jones or Oxlade, which has a much better balance. With Thiago coming on for the Jones or Oxlade spot around 60mins in.

2 Likes

You calling us bipolar?

2 Likes

Henderson on Suarez:

“I speak to him every so often to see how he’s doing and how his family are doing. He helped us a lot with the mentality side of it in training, he always wanted to win and he played through pain barriers.”

“He just wanted to play. I took a lot from him. He helped me massively as a player.”

4 Likes

I keep telling myself this.

I’m 43 years old and remember the ‘88 team. This current Liverpool may the best team I’ve ever seen, and it may well be the best team I will ever see. What they did between 2018-2020 was absolutely phenomenal.

We should never be going into any game think that we’re going to get beaten. There is so much quality in this team. That doesn’t mean we won’t ever get beaten, and you just have to deal with that when it happens.

That said, I’m a bit worried about how open our midfield has been this year and how easily we’ve conceded chances. We’ve lost our ability to control games. I think that’s a consequence of the upheaval in midfield and the fact that our entire central defence is either coming back from long term injury or a new signing. We’ll be fine.

I also think that we need to get to Christmas in touch with the title race, and we’ll be in a really good place to kick on and power to the finish line.

9 Likes

It’s surprising that football fans are surprised when other football fans behave like football fans.

I always worry and expect the worst before a match, work myself into a lather about every neat combination, misplaced pass or rubbish corner during the game, and spend the following day in despair/ecstasy, and it’s been the same for over 50 years.

Isn’t everyone like that?

11 Likes

Start 3.05min

Gomez is missing and as it looks something weird is going on with Kostas eye. Maybe someone knows what happened??

Kostas always looks like he had a fight in a nightclub the night before.

7 Likes

Love watching Thiago control and ping that ball around.

5 Likes

Will need a stream, and a tutorial to use it :pleading_face:

Getting greedy here but I want to see a Porto win against Milan. I’d love to see Atlético get knocked into Ropa and Porto can deliver it.

5 Likes

I just want to see Liverpool go through.

8 Likes

No worries Ifti, it’s just a normal video, but it only starts at about 3 mins in.

Nothing happens whenever I click the hesgoal or other streaming link.

1 Like