Pre-match: Liverpool v Spurs, Sunday 30th April, 16:30

Elliott and Jones in midfield a bold move herr Klopp

midfield is gonna be a tough ask… is thiago injured?

A chance for the youngsters to stake their claim before this summer’s midfield overhaul?

1 Like

Obscure gif reference.

middle fingers GIF by Idiocracy

yeah trent might have to be less bold as i dont think elliot has the discipline to cover him… and u know son is gonna test that highline

or get staked on these boards…

Farcical.

Is Thiago injured yet again? He’s as fragile as Keita.

Not a lot else we can do really. Could maybe have switched Jones to that role but the Thiago injury restricts our options. Guessing the plan will be to rest Fabinho in the week so Henderson gets the rest in this game.

1 Like

Bournemouth was the killer for me. I’ve barely watched us since. (Although I will be watching today.)

2 Likes

That’s like calling Hillary Clinton hot.

I still watch us whenever I can, it’s just the match threads that often tend to be rather unpalatable.

1 Like

Don’t please if that’s your record :wink:

happy hillary clinton GIF

2 Likes

Need to phase out Thiago as a starting option this summer. He needs to be a rotational option until his contract expires.

1 Like

Could Jones and Fabinho play as cover and Elliott at the peak of the 3?

Guess we will see when we start.

He’s doing a decent enough job of phasing himself out!

3 Likes

its gonna be a quick game with them trying to catch us on the break… Thank God fab and jones are former track stars!!

I think this is what we’ll see. Jones will cover Trent when he comes in, Harvey will play further forward. Something like:

Alison
Konate Virgil Robertson
Trent Fabinho
Jones Elliot Diaz
Salah Gakpo

With Jones pushing back into defense and Diaz pushing up into the forward line.

best hope now is europa. running out of games to possibly make up ground