Pre Match | Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion | PL Matchday 15 | Sunday December 27th 16:30h | Anfield

Merry Christmas all.

Let’s smash these Fat Sam Bastards.

5 Likes

Expecting a difficult game. We seem to play better vs. the best teams and our level drops when we play teams that are at the bottom of the table. First half vs. Fulham was awful, even against Palace we were careless defensively in the first 35 minutes

A very difficult win at home vs. Sheffield United /2-1/, draw away vs. Fulham and draw away vs. BHA. These teams are 20th, 18th and 17th in the league table. WBA is 19th at the moment, but still they finished 3-3 vs. Chelsea and won a point away against Man City, lost in the 90 minute vs. Spurs and Manure needed another gifted penalty to beat them 1-0, while the referee disallowed /thanks to VAR/ a 100% penalty for WBA.

We have to be careful and respect the opposition, best possible team and 100% concentration for the battle, because undoubtly every team managed by Allardyce offers a real battle.

1 Like

I think some are over rating fat sams abilities, we will win easily.

3 Likes

Is this post not showing the the unread posts for anyone else?

1 Like

It’s not we are careless, the improved fitness levels the playing field for the 1st 45 mins. Teams try and do their utmost, get a goal, then hang on for the rest of the match. It’s their only option.

1 Like

With Allardyce being the last manager to beat us in the league at Anfield, Sky will be all over it and desperately hoping he does it again. Be prepared for Tyler or whoever is commentating, to harp on about it if West Brom take the lead.

2 Likes

Decameron, right?

4 Likes

David Cameron, actually.

3 Likes

If we play anything like we did against Palace we will hammer West Brom. Like all reds, I really want that to happen.

I’m a little wary of being too cocky though. Fat Sam can organize a team and there’s a lot of antipathy towards us from him. Obviously his collection of players is limited, but this is football, a one off game today, and anything can happen.

First and foremost, three points please.
Then no injuries.
Then a good performance.
Then plenty of goals.

2 Likes

The End :+1: :pray:

5 Likes

This is a game where if we want to rest Matip… I wouldn’t mind giving a start to Nat Phillips.

Worried about him getting another injury against an Allardyce team.

10 Likes

Keita not even on the bench?

Yeah, so Twitter bullshit then.

Good to have Shaq and Milner back in the squad alongside Ox. Keita disappears again though

1 Like

My first thought. Wonder if it’s simply a numbers game. Can’t possibly be another injury.

I think it might be. 9 subs and he’s not even there…

Always something.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Keita now? Another player who can’t play two games in a row.

2 Likes

Keita needed a rest anyway.

3 Likes

Shaq is energized though.

2 Likes