Pre Match | Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion | PL Matchday 15 | Sunday December 27th 16:30h | Anfield

Recall a guy in Cornwall eating 33 large dinosaur shaped pasties in 45minutes in a contest.
These were the traditional type from when miners in the tin mines took them as a packed lunch, which meant, within the same pasty they had a meat filling at one end and an apple crumble filling or similar at the opposite end of it. So starting at the meat end, these were consumed from end to end so dinner and pudding was served as one.
These were about the size of a large dinner plate by the way.
Remember watching him at the time and thinking, enjoy your winners crown while it lasts matey, if Fat Head Sam ever holidays to Cornwall, then the stage would be set for a new champion!! :0)

5 Likes

I doubt I could manage even one of them.

Then again, I’m not a fat cunt. Just the latter.

3 Likes

Why would you sub anyone 15 minutes into the game? :wink:

8 Likes

Very odd team rumour doing the rounds on Twitter. No Trent, Fab, Gini, Mane or Bobby. Instead Neco, Phillips, Milner, Shaq and Origi all supposedly starting.

Is Twitter so take it with a pinch of salt but team news does seem to have been getting leaked out again.

After a week off more than two changes (Salah for Taki is one of them) would be very strange.

If true (hopefully not) than Covid would be the only explanation.

yeah, not making alot of sense that, if anything this team doesnt have enough games in the run up to the UTD clash

Hopefully Twitter rumour not true, nor covid being an explanation. Mane has already had Covid.

One obvious change - Salah instead of Minamino.

Will Curtis start would be my only other possible change.

The results have gone our way so far aside from City game tonight, fingers crossed we make the most of it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Who do we know that uses that avatar?

It looks very familiar :grin:

4 Likes

Yes, Liverpool is of course playing an important game on the day I fly back. Of course. Grrr!!

Last season I missed 3 games. 3 games ! 2 were friendlies. And this season I have already missed something like 5 if I include this one. I missed the Palace battering !

Dark gods be cursed, someone has been using a voodoo doll on me.

3 Likes

Would start with Hendo/Keita/Jones or
Hendo/Jones/Ox in the midfield… Hendo seems to be playing the CDM role with some creativity. Hence 2 attacking midfielders to support the front 3.Gini deserves some rest and also against Sam’s team you need to unlock their defense with 10 players defending. One good thing is its too early into Sam’s tenure to get defense sorted out.

1 Like

Another great chance to do the goal difference a world of good.

Team picks itself

Ali
TAA Matip Fab Robbo
Hendo Gini Jones
Salah Bobby Mane

Would like to see Ox given some minutes, maybe a bit early for Milner, Thiago and Shaq.

Would like Minamino to replace either Mo or Mane after 60 mins - they would have scored 4 each by then but it will be good fun to see them strop and the media go into a frenzy about it afterwards.

1 Like

I’m fully expecting a 9-0 anything less I’ll be disappointed. No in all seriousness Allardyce will stick 10 men behind the ball so I hope we can get a couple early on to stop those tactics.

4 Likes

The number of yorkshire puddings and pancakes I’ve made over the last few days required only half the battering that we’ll deal out this afternoon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Against Allardyce’s team of thugs (let’s face it, it doesn’t need more than one week to transform footballers into nasty thugs), I’ll happily take a boring 1-0. Three points are the only thing which matters here, anything else is just a surprising bonus when it occurs, like against CP last week.

I’d also wish for no new injured players on our side, but that is probably asking for too much.

6 Likes

I’m glad Thiago is sitting this one out.

2 Likes

Exactly.

A fit James Milner would be one of my first names on the sheet against them. Unfortunately he is not at 100%.

1 Like

Where’s @Lowton_Red when you need him :smile:

3 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

The peons of PGMOL, no doubt replete after numerous intemperate Christmas dinners, have determined to spoil our enjoyment of what remains of the festivities, by imposing kevin “tin hat, rat-eyed chisit” friend as referee and martin “fergies lovechild” (tw)atkinson on VAR, for today’s visit of sam “baggy yam yam” allardyce and his black country agronomists.

I trust neither of them as far as I can spit, and I’m a poor spitter, lacking both distance and control. Consequently, and I appreciate that this will come as unwelcome news to many of you, expect nothing from the ref, or VAR, and you won’t be disappointed.

We will have to rely solely on our own resources, so come on you Redmen, give’m down the banks!

I trust I will be forgiven if my pre-match logorrhoea, is somewhat terser, more brusque than is perhaps customary. I am suffering from post sympinein depression, occasioned by an excess of port occasioned by an excess of Boudica at the Christmas dinner table. Unlike previous years, when a surfeit of relations, both distant and close, served to divert the Mem’s attentions, this Yuletide I was the sole recipient of her displeasure. As a consequence my condition is delicate, such that the noise of the cat stamping about in the passage outside causes me exquisite discomfort.

But enough of this self pity, what of Lawro, you ask? He is minded, once more, to be our spectre at the feast, the anti-Spirit of Christmas past so to speak, and has recalled that fat sam was the last man to win at Anfield in the Premier League, but that he “doesn’t see a repeat result tonight”; he predicts a three nil win to us. Does he not realise the transparency of his “cunning” ruse.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

10 Likes

Is Allardyce not actually taking charge as yet? Commentator during Leeds vs Burnley said he’ll “be in attendance”.

Remember when he had heart surgery whilst managing Blackburn, so he sat in the stands for a run of games only to realise the team played better when he wasn’t on the touchline so he just stayed up there? Haha. Dickhead.

4 Likes