Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Ajax | CL Matchday 5 | Tuesday December 1st 20:00h | Anfield

If Becker isn’t playing then the Over 3.5 and Over 4.5 goals for tonight is calling my name.

1 Like

Tell you what. If Adrian is playing tonight, how about we wish him well ffs.

13 Likes

The ref is Tobias Stieler from Germany.

To our German Reds: is he any good?

1 Like

I’m aware of him but he is just another name. That’s probably a good thing as it means he isn’t regularly cocking things up.

2 Likes

That would be really original for this forum.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any news regarding Alisson, so we are probably fretting about nothing.

2 Likes

I have no idea about Alisson. But the good news is I can’t watch. Ergo we will be in good shape. That’s my gift to you for today.

8 Likes

So basically you’ve gone from fake line ups to fake injuries. You’re more of a colossal mistake than a @Colossal_centre_back (with all due disrespect).

7 Likes

At least he is staying true to the fakeness :joy:

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

8 Likes

If we play like against Atalanta or Brighton, I am pretty sure that Ajax will win. I have no idea what to expect this game, but at least we have pitch advantage (counts for a fair bit) and we had had some time to “reboot”.
However, if we get a performance like against Leicester, away to Atalanta or maybe even our game against City, I think we will win. But it is in no way easy to know what performance one can expect, so I am left with hope. Our last two games have been average and frankly bad for a team of our stature, but we have a chance at turning it around now.

Ajax are a good side though. I am very wary.

4 Likes

I would have got offended but the honest disrespect made me feel okay :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I didn’t mention about the injury. I speculated the reason, which ITKs by now should be trending because it was spectacular :smirk:

2 Likes
3 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

Tonight’s referee, Herr Stieler, has never previously taken charge of one of our games, so we have nothing to act as a guide fo our expectations, other than to note, with some trepidation, if previous experience is anything to go by, such a fact presages that we should expect no favours from him.

Never-the- less, as many writers in their time have commented, at some length, the mysterious manner in which Fate is apt to perform its work should at least permit us to utter a brief expression of hope, that its genius might smile upon us tonight.

And, as most thoughtful students of life hold, happiness in this world depends chiefly on the ability to take things as they come. So although our numbers be depleted, hope shines for us in the dim light, like the white plume of Navarre, and of the Liverbird.

Consequently:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! (well someone had to say it):roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

15 Likes

Proper euro night against a proper euro pedigree team. Apparently there’s a few empty seats but our lads will do us proud. Welcome Ajax, may the VARCE be against you.

2 Likes

Scratches head and goes to the fridge in the hope that copious quantities of alcohol will either remove the memory of this post or make it comprehensible.

You must have ignored us for quite a while under Roy H then.

2 Likes

Fate in Conrad, right?

"Often far away there I thought of these two, guarding the door of Darkness, knitting black wool as for a warm pall, one introducing continuously to the unknown, the other scrutinizing the cheery and foolish faces with unconcerned old eyes.”

5 Likes

You pretentious twat. He clearly means the Chaka Khan song.

3 Likes

Rather short one @Lowton_Red :thinking:

3 Likes

@cynicaloldgit 's is shorter.

5 Likes