Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Arsenal | PL Matchday 3 | Monday September 28th 20:00h | Anfield

In regards to Minamino pushing for a start in the big games:

Yeah if Bobby doesn’t play up to his best then in a few weeks I think we may see Taki get introduced in some of the PL games against bottom half opposition.

Hopefully Bobby (and the front three in general) realises that isn’t merely Divock Origi on the bench behind them in the pecking order anymore. Now we’ve got some proper players waiting in the wings, ready to take over if anyone drops off.

You love to see it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in my whole time as an LFC fan.

2 Likes

I think Arteta and Arsenal are ahead of Chelsea, United and Tottenham in the long run.

3 Likes

We seem to also have the arse in league cup next round

Our Carabao Cup fourth-round tie against Arsenal confirmed:

:spiral_calendar: Thursday October 1
:alarm_clock: 19:45 BST
:stadium: Anfield
:tv: Sky Sports

2 Likes

Smash them. They’re shit.

13 Likes

Klopp:

Koumetio back in training, Gomez should be back in training today, for Hendo this game is too early.

2 Likes

Matip and Henderson ruled out of this game then.

Main question is whether Fabinho or Gomez partner Virgil. I guess there’s a chance Jones could be pushing Keita or Wijnaldum for a starting spot as well. Maybe Klopp will want Milner’s experience in there?

Lijnders said that Matip will be back some time after the next international break.

1 Like

We have some proper options. This squad is starting to look very tasty beyond the first 14 or so…

I suppose we dont have a proper 4th choice CB - unless its Billy the Kid, or VDB.

2 Likes

So it’s basically between Gomez and Keita who starts on the bench, we have two options.

Possibly also Koumetio on the bench instead of Tsimikas. Or even Shaqiri on the bench instead of Jota, although that depends if/how much we even count on him.

I hope it’s not Gomez.

Because he’s unlikely to be back to full fitness?

Kinda. I want him to take few extra days to recuperate.

Hopefully Hendo is ready for Thursday, he might be a nice balancing tool to have to win that game and progress to the next round.

Luckily I’m not a worrying type but any match without Hendo worries me.

Another weekday match, which makes me unfit for viewing but I will play through the unfitness somehow.

8 Likes

If the lads can stay focused and composed this should be a win and 3 more points.

Arsenal are capable of quick passes through the back and Joe and Trent have been caught out recently.

It’s early in the season. Fabinho is fit. Give Joe a few more days.

2 for Mo and 1 for Sadio to balance it up…

They’ll get 1…they’re too good not to get at least 1.

3-1?

1 Like

Always a good omen when Alright Now is not watching…

Peaches said the words too…

Looking good, fellas…

Now we only need Gasband to attend a game in a time when no fans are allowed…

5 Likes

This post falls in the genre of factual fiction.

7 Likes

Arsenal always get smashed just when they think they’re half decent,i think we’ll run over them 4-0.

11 Likes

I think we owe Arteta one. Can’t think of any managers who have beaten us twice in a few months… certainly not in the last few years.

7 Likes

Well a win and a draw. :grinning:

4 Likes