Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Manchester City | PL matchday 23 | Sunday 7th Feb 2021 | Anfield 16:30

3 days, 4 hours, 33minutes to the biggest game of our lives…

Forget our worries against the low block teams… You’ve got to like that Pep “Ted DiBiase” Guardiola’s principles are so bloody minded he won’t set up his team as a low block to get the win.

Forget form, we will raise our game and levels for this one… Expect a battle, expect one of the most expensively assembled teams in world football meeting their match on this given sunday.

We are hanging onto the title race with the skin of our teeth, but as Gandalf said there is but a fools hope and Sunday I will be a fool once more.

I’ve had a bit of a go at Trent and Bobby recently, but here we are… A game that will suit them, a chance to play on the transition once more… Step up and be counted boys… There will be space, there will be chances… Take them and off we go!

Injuries will dictate how much of a fools hope there is… If we lineup as below;

Alisson

Trent-AA – Fabinho – Henderson – Robertson

Thiago – Gini – Jones

Salah – Bobby – Mane

We win.

Up the reds!

16 Likes

@Draexnael
Good luck and thanks for giving me a well deserved break.

9 Likes

If we win, you can personally hand @GermanRed his P45. Or whatever the German equivalent is.

6 Likes

City, Leicester and Leipzig should be easy to beat for us.

Everton, Sheffield and Fulham will be difficult.

4 Likes

To continue the Gandalf wisdom:

“ It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”

While there’s life, there’s hope and we’re a long way from dead. 2 world class players back into the starting 11 and a righteous kick up the arse from Klopp should work wonders. It is fair to say though that this game is do or die. Even if we don’t ultimately finish top, we do now need to fight tooth and nail for every point. Given the finances, top 4 is utterly essential if we have any ambition of getting back any time soon.

And as I’m now in a Middle Earty mood, let’s have some motivation from the master:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

6 Likes

Alisson
Trent Fabinho Davies Robertson
Thiago Hendo Gino
Salah Firmino Mané

1 Like

or a season ticket to FC Schalke 04…

1 Like

And as I’m now in a Middle Earty mood, let’s have some motivation from the master:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
[/quote]

@Klopptimist has magically turned into OGS…! :flushed:

2 Likes

If he starts fingering his ring and calling it his precious he’s going straight on ignore.

Score draw or a tight win for us

Lupita Nyongo Please GIF by Ovation TV

3 Likes

No we lose 4-1 :hot_face:

We so sure Guardiola isn’t going to defend deep?

He keeps getting beat at Anfield, and a point suits him absolutely fine.

1 Like

Like when we were going to lose 3-1 to their neighbours?

1 Like

We are more suited to play teams like City. If Mane and Fabinho are fit and no other injuries,will have a chance.

3 Likes

I reckon he smells blood and wants to put us in our place. Bring it the fuck on!

2 Likes

Gotta bad feeling about this one. Then again I had a bad feeling about Spurs and West Ham, yet had a good feeling for Brighton and Burnley. Clearly I’m never gonna be a psychic :smiley:

It’ll be an open and interesting game for neutrals. It’ll be incredibly frustrating for either us or them. Hopefully them.

2 Likes

We need the win just to avoid being dragged into a dogfight for fourth.

Some very optimistic line-ups being posted already.

Full available strength , we have a chance. Either of Fab or Mané don’t make it then I don’t see us getting much here.

Put me in the doubter camp for this one.

Aussie cricket mentality. When your opponent is down, utterly thrash them, humiliate them and break their spirit. That’s what serial winners do, anything and everything to stay on top. Trouble is we lost the battle of wounded knees.

1 Like

TAA Fabinho (Kabak/Davies) Robertson
Thiago Henderson Jones
Salah Firmino Mane

Let’s get one of the new guys in, probably go for Davies myself, but who knows. Get Henderson back in mid, a bit of creativity in midfield as well, and the front 3.

3 Likes

I think we’ll have a good game against this lot,i wouldn’t be surprised if Fabinho and Mane were dropped this last week just to give them a rest,then make them hungry to get back firing on all cylinders for this game.Hopefully Alisson just has a dose of the Brad Pitts against Brighton and will be back in goal on Sunday.

That’s a big gamble against city. Hope Fabinho and Mane is back and will have a good chance.
Give them a week to learn Klopp’s system and gel with the boys.