Pre Match | Liverpool vs. West Ham Utd | PL Matchday 7 | Saturday 31st October 17:30 | Anfield

Antonio has gone off two games in a row with hamstring trouble. Good chance he won’t make this.

1 Like

You dont rest the guy who just scored the 10,000 goal for Liverpool, and the guy that has scored in two consecutive games at Anfield, vs a guy that is obviously struggling.

He was subbed on Tuesday, so I think that’s an indicator in itself.

Their come back against Spurs was really amazing and they drew against City. A win here would help our morale with a nice boost, and take us to the top of the table. Here’s hoping that happens and then we stay there at the end of the week as well!

1 Like

Ali
Trent Hendo Gomez Robbo
Gini Thiago Keita/Milly (If Keita isnt fit)
Salah bobby Mane

Don’t like it, but not sure if there is another option. Antonio will be a handful for hendo/Gomez but our Captain is always up for a fight.

Will be interesting to see who Moyes picks to play up top if Antonio’s missing. Could be Haller, could be Yarmolenko, could be even Bowen. I don’t think it will be Yarmolenko, I’d probably say Haller.

1 Like
Alisson

Trent Robbo

Hendo

Salah Jota Minamino Shaqiri Mane

Firmino

Milner

I’ve been thinking about a new system…the 2-1-5-1-1…

As long as Milly tracks back, which we all know he will, pretty sure WHU won’t stand a chance.

6 Likes

In case you’re wondering, I have been drinking.

15 Likes

It’s all academic…

We’re gonna twat these cunts.

7 Likes

On paper we should wreck them . In practice, I don’t think we currently have the form to batter them. I think we will win, but I do think it will be very nervy and a win with a narrow margin. We could also draw, if West Ham plays their very best game. It depends on us really.

It is so incredibly unfortunate with our injuries, I would be much more confident, obviously, with Van Dijk and Fabino in the defence. So far in the season, we have yet to find top shape, but it is coming (or so I think), but I do think this game is perhaps too early for us to find that form we miss; and thus my caution. But we’ve had a difficult start to the season, point-wise pretty good, but it is the play I am worrying about. You can’t play ugly and win that many times in a row, eventually you’ll lose due to the opponent scoring on their chances.

Regardless, crossing fingers for a battering. But a narrow win would do nicely for now.

Yarmolenko was horrid after coming in for Antonio against City. Hope the genius sticks with him.

3 Likes

You could put Alisson at the top or bottom of that formation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be perfectly happy with 3 points at the moment. The key thing would be to work out the CB pairing and work outwards from there. I’m assuming that Gomez will start. Is Matip likely to be fit or will this be another 60 minute outing? Are we getting to the point that we should just break him up for spare parts? The way things are going I’m expecting our next CB to simply spontaneously combust before our eyes.

I was impressed with Rhys Williams on Tuesday but it was against poor opposition and he is still learning. Nat Phillips is presumably the more senior option?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Jota starting up front. He has goals in him and I still think Bobby needs a proper rest. For the midfield it’s a case of who isn’t broken again. It’s becoming predictably unpredictable, isn’t it?

1 Like

While it is disappointing to have so many players unavailable for selection each and every week…
Is it not a tad unfair that some (unavailable) players get more stick than others solely because of the position they would occupy… Same goes for those losing form due to tiredness/overplaying etc
Just when is the day ever going to arrive when fans favourite and criticism dodging Oxlade or the ethereal Keita going to step-up to the plate to take the playing pressure off Hendo or Gini… As fans it is too easy to vent a blinkered criticism on those dragging themselves through the weekly pain barrier to be available for selection, even when asked to play out of their normal position.
Serious questions within LFC should really start to be getting asked against the suitability, and therefore, point of some of the players holding a squad place at all. At the moment this is a collective issue for the club, with Jurgen utilising what he has available in the SQUAD on the day and thus forms his tactics and playing style around that…
As fans we have to accept that our ‘poetry in motion’ football remains on hold for the time being…
Points on the board should remain the priority, with performance secondary… so three more at the expense of Moyes will suffice with me…

Kevin Friend is the referee with Chris Kavanagh as the VAR.

1 Like

Kind of an interesting mixture. Kavanagh always comes across as quietly efficient whereas Friend is a tool. I’m not sure which is the best way to have them. The VAR referee decides the game changing decisions whereas the bloke on the pitch can single-handedly ruin everyone’s entertainment.

Talking about the lad, how much longer is he still out? 69 days out already… I had almost forgotten that he’s part of the squad…

I don’t suppose there’s even two dozens of referees across Europe who are deemed competent. Says a lot about the governing authorities of the game.

I think it’s a shame that you are posting this.

Ox and Keita get plenty of stick. I also think Hendo and Gini have largely silenced their doubters.

I just don’t think there is an argument to be had here.

It is a generalisation of the scenario the club is facing at the moment. While it was not posted for argumentative reasons, more for reflection the way some players are ‘overtly’ criticised to excess after on pitch performances… take Origi, Minamino even Adrian… in this last week alone.
Some players do need to take a long hard look at themselves… that is not in question, while others do actually try to the limitation of their ability.
Whether we rate these players or not, as individuals or not, it remains, they are all we have at the moment, and that as a supporter we have to ‘support’ them at their time of needs…
Just feel that in the present global darkness we can cut these guys a bit of slack until, hopefully, better times arrive…

2 Likes

Moyes has definitely got them playing a different kind of wank,still wank tho,2-0 to us.

8 Likes