Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Wolves | PL Matchday 11 | Sunday December 6th 19:15h | Anfield

Can see why they were comfortable selling Jota to us, Neto has been really good this season.
That Jimenez injury was sickening to see, hope he does come back, he’s a great player to watch.

2 Likes

Them selling Jota was the shock of the transfer season for me, and that’s from the onset of him joining, not the post performance opinion. I remember brushing this rumor off 100% as bs, even when I knew they were interested in Hoever. As far as transfers go, this in the closest to a Fabinho stealth signing that we will ever get.

This was supposed to be a response to the above @Speckydodge post, however it seems that @Colossal_centre_back got in the way which is what every decent center back is supposed todo.

3 Likes

Maybe Jota will take a seat on the bench in this one. If anyone knows how to nullify his goalscoring talent, it will be Nuno Santo. Bring him on at the 60min mark, when the Wolves defenders will be to knackered to follow any man-marking instructions to the letter.
Liverpool 2 - 0 Wolves
Jota gets both :+1:

3 Likes

not seen a lot of Tsimikas yet but it’s probably safer to say I’d rather see Robbo playing against Traore than Tsimikas

1 Like

More than a banana skin, more than a danger game…this mob are impressive when I get the chance to watch them.

I must admit to liking muscle man and he could be the threat. Glad we stole Jota though. But anything like Leicester performance and they are in trouble.

I expect the few in the crowd to perform a rousing rendition of YNWA pre match.

1-0 Bobby.

2 Likes

Any photos of Trent in team training yet??

1 Like

Think there were no photos yet.

Looking forward to Klopps pre game press conference which should be early afternoon today.

2 Likes

Tsimikas played against Traore a few months ago in the Europa League and pocketed him.

10 Likes

I hate waiting until Sunday evening! Still prob better for the players this time. Tough opposition but opposition but expecting to see the lads raise their game ala the Leicester game. 3-0 Curtis Jones hatrick.

1 Like

We might see him start here then so that Robbo can have a rest at last.

1 Like

Don’t know what it is with this lot but they always manage to find an extra 10% when they play us. Now that we’re Champions they’ll be even more up for it. I’ve got a feeling we’ll line up the same way we did at City and try to steamroll them early. And if that doesn’t work , well all bets are off. These are more than capable of getting a result and our home record could be in real danger.

2 Likes

Mané looked a bit tired midweek. There is more recovery time now but I’d start with Mané on the bench and go for a 4-3-3 with Phillips at the back and Fabinho in front of them.

2 Likes

Outside of that two month period last season he has been crap anyway. Someone with that pace and strength is always a potential problem but I know Wolves fans are frustrated with him.

In fact most of them wanted to sell him this summer.

1 Like

According to Klopp big Chance that Naby and Trent will at least be in the squad.

6 Likes

They (Naby and Trent) will be involved in team training, so down to how they go today.

No one else injured is back available - Ox promising, ball work etc, but now needs to work towards getting back in full team training. No mention of Thiago, Ali or Milner.

2 Likes

Don’t know about worrying who is going to play… I worry about Jon Moss on VAR :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

In the pre-VAR days, our biggest concern was getting a decent ref appointed, and it didn’t matter too much which lino’s were there, or who the 4th official was.

We now live in a time where there are two key officials, the on field ref and the person in charge of VAR.

It essentially means that the chances of a ref being involved that we are not fans of/who have form for making crazy decisions, are doubled, with the added bonus of double jeopardy - such as Coote and Taylor in the two roles, where you know you’re playing against 12 men.

Basically sucking the life out the game.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I cannot imagine us drawing another match and the rest at the top of the table again not closing the gap or opening a gap (Spurs). This time they go first though which should give us a slight psychological advantage. Without Jimenez I can’t see Wolves scoring two past us. 4-1 to the Reds is my tip.

1 Like

How does Jon Moss fit into the VAR room at Stockley Park?

4 Likes