Pre Match/ln Match: Liverpool Vs Bologna 02/10/2024 - 20:00

What a slacker :rage:

2 Likes

Priorities mate.

Breakfast, post breakfast nap, 2nd breakfast, pre-lunch nap, lunch, post lunch nap, press conference.

Seems to me like Slot has already mastered this time management thingy :wink:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Spaghetti bolognese, or shortened to “spag bol” in the UK and Australia, is a popular pasta dish outside Italy, although not part of Italian cuisine. The dish is generally perceived as inauthentic by Italians.

Essentially, Cheaty is to big clubs as spag bol is to Italian cuisine.

1 Like

La Dotta, La Grassa, La Rossa

Amazing city, and pretty much unscathed by mass tourism compared to the big hitters. Go if you’re in Italy, you will not be disappointed.

3 Likes

Nah. Too many Australians.

Spag bol can on occasion taste delicious and be a gateway drug into Italian cuisine.

Nothing redeemable about that other pile of shite though.

I’m definitely not knocking it.

Some reheated spag bol and a glass of red on a hangover Sundee arvo is fucking glorious.

5 Likes

Fun fact, we’ve never played Bologna, not even in a friendly.

7 Likes

Apparently we did play them in some 60 minute preseason knockabout in 2021. Twice, in fact. Minimino scored in the first one, and Jota and Mané scored in the second.

Doesn’t really count, though.

4 Likes

Really looking forward to this game. It would be a nice away game tbh for the fans who have time and can afford it. Never been to Bologna myself, but I know people who have and have read much about the city and seen a lot of pictures. It is a place I would like to visit really. And autumn is a nice month in regards to scenery in Bologna.
Jesus, I am rambling about unrelated matters :smiley: Hopeless romantic as I am

Anyway, the game. I don’t know much about Bologna the team these days. I used to know quite a bit about Italian football, I used to watch it, but it has been years; so I am ignorant. But this is Anfield, we are likely the better team and so we should and probably will, beat them. I am curious and look forward to the game. I am not going to be pretentious and pretend that I know a lot about the game football-wise, because I don’t. But it’s Champions League, a wonderful tournament and it’s going to be fun ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Live training CL

https://x.com/LFC/status/1841066293497336013

https://www.youtube.com/live/uPDADl1X_c8?si=tRn_j1_jmCw0YzEs

Darwin Nunez and Andy Robertson were both spotted in Liverpool’s open training session today.

Federico Chiesa and Diogo Jota weren’t present.

https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1841077798825341117

1 Like

I’m sure that Arne and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Music to my ears.

2 Likes

Chiesa and Jota not training apparently :frowning:

2 Likes

Please no

Italy national team head coach Luciano Spalletti has confirmed that Liverpool winger Federico Chiesa is ‘in our thoughts’ ahead of the upcoming squad announcement for October’s Nations League fixtures.

1 Like

Bloody hell.

They only have to think about him to injure him.

6 Likes

I actually had the misfortune to watch a game officiated by this guy two years ago. I still remember his name because it was one of the two title deciders in Greece and he was most definitely bent in favour of the hosts. No other way to explain his decisions.

Somewhat bemused to see that he’s now appointed in CL matches, but it’s not as if UEFA themselves are a bastion of virtue.

5 Likes

I was going to make a snarky comment here, but considering I usually find UEFA competitions refereeing better than English competitions, I’ll refrain.

1 Like

Assume it’s not something personal? I guess Slot will confirm.

Also Jota not training but scan is clear? :thinking:

Should ban these open training sessions, they are always bad luck