Pre-Match: Sheffield United vs Liverpool | Premier League Wednesday 6th December 2023 19:30 UTC

VvD best player on the pitch by a mile

1 Like

Well saved tbh.

True

Informed me just in time to move and see how fernandes misses. Pleased thanks

Wrong thread.

1 Like

Sorry, my bad

But informative

1 Like

That chance on goal they had early on where the SHU player had a run at goal, Virg sized him up, didn’t rush and panic, but closed the distance then held off, and only went in and tackled as the SHU player looked up at the goals and shaped to shoot was CB defending 101.

Regardless of the goal, still a very good half from Virg.

3 Likes

Great corner from Goatse, and perfect volley from VvD.

Good half Endo and Virg.

2 Likes

Best piece of the half was the break they had where Virgil very patiently covered his area before stepping over in time to block the shot…and then got criticized by Efan Ekoku on commentary for being lazy and taking too long to get over to cover…a real weakness in his game :joy:

3 Likes

Hopefully we can create more in 2hf

I couldn’t believe what I was listening to. van Dijk at his absolute best - shutting down an entire team attack single-handedly.

1 Like

Good to be 1 up against a total defensive and niggly opposition.

Just need to be patient and make them run

1 Like

https://twitter.com/REALUJU19/status/1732493224671932711?t=S94cnqtcDxu4QTl3AWxV0Q&s=19

As I said earlier in the thread, Arsenal got praised as future league winners for pulling out a win against Luton - mostly by guys on this forum. Will we allow ourselves the same credit if we get through this one unscathed?

1 Like

No. We’ll be shit for only scraping past relegation fodder.

1 Like

I feel you may be right!

Convinced some people just don’t actually like football as a sport. Most games are niggly and awkward and lacking rhythm - we act like the sides in the lower half of the table only started playing the sport yesterday.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1732492690086903882

Modern football isn’t about the game; it’s about the product.

2 Likes