PreMatch | Bournemouth - Liverpool | PL Matchday 27 Saturday March 11th 12:30h | Vitality Stadium

I think we definitely need that good start. Our away form has been absolutely abysmal this season. 30 from 39 at home but 12 from 36 away. Four points behind Arsenal comparing home matches, and 19 points behind away. No idea what the distribution is with regards to relative match difficulty for the comparison, but I think there’s a lot to be said about improving away.

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about this one. Played fantastic yesterday, Bournemouth bottom of the league says we should win comfortably, but as bad as their results might look at a quick glance, Bournemouth haven’t actually played badly too often this season, and generally have been tough to beat (excluding games against the top 6)

Would take a 1-0 win

1 Like

I’m expecting some rotation with the Madrid game midweek but I hope we don’t mess this up. It would be so this season.

Us losing yesterday and next Saturday would to be so this season.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind seeing Jota and Bajcetic to make sure we stay fresh.

3W,3D and 6L away in the league. I am going to keep that in mind when dealing with expectations from this match.

A win of any kind will be brilliant.

11 Likes

We are back in with a serious shout for Top 4.
City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the next few matches are really serious challenges.

So, after Sundays massacre we need to start again by winning these matches.

Dropping points here would negate all the euphoria, so no fucking about.
Professional performance and a win.
An Allison header in the 98th minute if required, but just win.
Please.

7 Likes

Bournemouth is at the bottom of the pile, but they have a fair shot at avoiding the drop; Leicester (15th) is just three points ahead of them.

Lost to Arsenal 2-3
Lost to Cheaty 1-4
Won against Wolves 1-0
Drew with Sandcastle 1-1
Lost to Brighton 0-1

I don’t think anyone expected them to get anything from Arsenal, Cheaty, and Sandcastle; yet, they got a point from these encounters. Loosing narrowly to the highflying Seagulls isn’t bad either. So all things considered, they are actually in a good form.

So was United.

No idea who Brooks is but I don’t think I like him much.

Referee: John Brooks. Assistants: Darren Cann, Matthew Wilkes. Fourth official: Stuart Attwell. VAR: Tony Harrington. Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis.

2 Likes

He was the clown on Var when he drew the line on the wrong Palace defender after Estupinan scored.

Also just officiated Forest Everton, tbf thought he did ok, got the 2 big calls right, pen against Jonjo and the non pen on Coleman. Kept his cool in what was a fiesty encounter.

1 Like

5 Likes

Seems he refs Everton mostly and they don’t win, saying that Everton don’t win often.

Seems he is one of the useless ones.

Smash them. They’re shit.

That felt good! :smile:

1 Like

I don’t think we have ever had him before. Apparently he was meant to do the derby match but he messed up on VAR the week before (technical issues). They appear to have Sian Massey-Ellis as the assistant VAR who is actually one of the better assistant refs. Let’s hope she’s good with computers as well.

4 Likes

Just got to do a professional job on these. Dropping points after beating United 7-0 will be hard to take.

Same team, couldn’t fault anyone last time out. Win and we go 4th, that’s the incentive.

2 Likes

A win is obviously necessary but I don’t go along with the idea that a scrappy one - nil win with a last minute goal would be just fine. The performance will matter. The players need to be going into the sharp end of the season in a positive and confident frame of mind.

So I’m hoping for another clean sheet and at least three LFC goals.

And if that’s not possible then one nil will do!

3 Likes

Clean and composed performance. That’s all.

1 Like

Priority #1 - Win
Priority #2 - Clean Sheet
Priority #3 - No injuries
Priority #4 - Twat them.

9 Likes

I’d swap 2 and 3 around; no injuries is more important than a clean sheet.

15 Likes