PreMatch | Bournemouth - Liverpool | PL Matchday 27 Saturday March 11th 12:30h | Vitality Stadium

Priority #1 - Win
Priority #2 - No injuries
Priority #3 - Clean sheet
Priority #4 - Twat them

9 Likes

Gimme a 9-1 win over a 1-0 win anyday.

2 Likes

Swap 3 and 4 around.

1 Like

I like the idea of a sixth clean sheet. After a season of conceding cheap goals, I want this team to get back to being the stingiest bastards in the league.

By the way, we’re quietly top of the form table, with four wins, one draw and one defeat from our last six. 13 points from 18, 13 goals scored and three conceded.

1 Like

Just read it from back to front :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

They’d be a lot of angry fans if we lost out on CL on GD…gimme that twatting…

1 Like

They’d be wrong. Missing on anything by goal difference is down to the silly points dropped, not absolutely twatting someone when we had the chance.

I’d be looking at the Leeds game. Forest. Wolves etc.

So let’s just get the win. Any kind of dreaming of a cricket score is going to invariably bite us on the arse.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t exactly say they’d be wrong, you can look at it both ways and both would be correct…if you flip the argument & we and Spurs both finish on 65 points with the GD as it stood for example I’m pretty sure a lot would be thankful we done more in games to win them by a bigger margin.

So of course winning is the main objective but improving GD beats keeping a clean sheet.

Add to that, he ref’d the Forest game at the weekend, and Steve Cooper wasn’t best pleased;

Brooks was on refereeing duty on Sunday for Nottingham Forest’s clash with Everton. The game finished in a 2-2 draw, and Forest boss Steve Copper was not happy with some of the decisions made by Brooks.

“I’m disappointed with the ref, I’ll be honest. He had too much impact on the game, and because of the performance there were some defining moments,” Cooper told the after the match.

“The key one for me was the decision that ended up with the ball going into the box for the second goal. We should have done better with it, but the ball shouldn’t have gone in there in the first place because it was a foul against Morgan.

“And when (James) Tarkowski gets booked for a foul on (Renan) Lodi - which was fine, yellow card, no problem - he’s blown up when Brennan was in a one-v-one. That cannot happen at this level.

“It’s not good for the ref either, because he’s going to be gutted with that and it will probably be looked at. It was a pity really that things like that affect games.”

2 Likes

Can’t change the past. Can take care of business ahead.

I am actually worried about this game. Last time we twatted a team in the Premier league we struggled the next few games.If we keep the same intensity we can blow Bournemouth out yet again.

1 Like

We actually beat Newcastle 2-1 after the Bournemouth game.

Previous to that the season before we won 4 after beating Leeds 6-0

Everyone remembers the Palace game and yet ignores the rest.

3 Likes

But we struggled that Newcastle game as well even though we won

Of course losing matches is the overarching reason for failure…
But its nonsense to dismiss goal difference as a factor in any season…

If we are level points with Newcastle for fourth, then not scoring becomes an issue.

We cannot revisit the games that we lost, but we can pile pressure on if a team are there for the taking.

Despite all the arguments here last season, we have to accept that goal difference is a deciding factor, it exists.
Had we stopped at four on Sunday to “conserve energy” it would be an opportunity lost.
Its a professional sport. We have 5 subs to make. Be fucking ruthless.

2 Likes

I agree and remember quite a few fans being vocal that we never turned the screw more when we beat Manure 5-0 at OT. Other voices were saying that it was prudent to hold back as Utd were in the mood to physically hurt our players. That was my only worry on Sunday. Not so much that they’d hurt our players but would trick one of ours into reacting to their shenanigans and get a Reds player sent off. :nerd_face:

Scrappy 1-0 would do me as long as the game is used for fine-tuning us for the CL next week… Jurgen to get them purring when it matters most :0)

2 Likes

But these things mean nothing, it may have passed you by but we have struggled generally all season.

The buzz of 7-0 will see us pump Bournemouth by at least 3 goals.

We’ll score first against Madrid, too, at which point all hell will break loose.

5 Likes

Bournemouth team news:

• David Brooks, Matias Vina and Junior Stanislas all remain sidelined with injury.
  • Marcus Tavernier, Lloyd Kelly and Illia Zabarnyi remain doubts for this game.
  • Both Jefferson Lerma and Hamed Traore missed last weekend’s loss to Arsenal owing to slight injuries, so may return for this game here.

‘Junior’ Stanislas is 33

1 Like

No it didn’t pass me by and it was a bit unnecessary for you to say that. Did I say anywhere we didn’t struggle? But there was also talk of us finally clicking into gear after a spluttering start to the season and it didn’t happen that way

2 Likes