PreMatch | Liverpool vs Arsenal | PL Matchday 18 | Saturday December 23rd 17:30h | Anfield

That miss by trent will haunt me quite a few days…

Trent is well upset with himself.

We have been the better team, just could not score the winner … bugger.

fair result

I have no idea what’s Gravenburch’s purpose in the team…Absolute lousy cameo from him today…

Overall I thought Arsenal got away with a lot… should have been a pen … got a lots of shoves not penalised , while getting every stumble on their players for a freekick … debatable ref performance … again. Especially VAR.

1 Like

He plays in the midfield.

1 Like

Good game and fair result.

1 Like

None of the subs other than Joe had any real impact for either team.

2 Likes

yeah, very disappointing…both nunez and ryan

Just bobbled up a bit as he went to hit it. Expect someone like him to score but that’s what causes the ball to rise.

I actually think if Nunez and Gravenberch had not been there it would have been a bit easier. They didn’t know who was shooting until it was at his feet.

2 Likes

I know what you mean fair result but is it when you still have the handball decision as talking point.

Only if you ignore the fact that they brought back our control in midfield

I thought Curtis Jones shouldn’t have gone off though…The moment he went off, the midfield balance is gone.

As for Luis Diaz, he looks very drained, he cannot even take on a man now…

But he’s not being asked to play like Martinelli…

True but only for a short period

Could have been given but I understand why it wasn’t. I’m not dwelling on that, personally. It was the highest quality match, overall, that I’ve seen this season and both teams contributed.

1 Like

The subs weren’t that stable bar for Gomez. Bar for that one attacking chance that TAA hit the crossbar, I didn’t recall LFC camping in Arsenal’s half.

1 Like

Since you brought him up - Martinelli was probably the worst plager on the pitch today. Trent and Konate completely dominated him.

1 Like

I think the forward attacking balance will be better if Gakpo plays with Nunez and Salah.