PreMatch | Liverpool vs Cardiff | FA Cup 4th Round | Sunday February 6th 12:00h | Anfield

Harvey Elliott is set to make his comeback against Cardiff this weekend after five months out with a fracture dislocation of the ankle. #awlive [paul joyce - the times]

8 Likes

Looking forward to tomorrow’s presser, curious who is fit again.

1 Like

Thiago had a little chest infection but will train today. Origi back in training since yesterday. So that means for the first time this season, out of players who are here, they’re all healthy. Unless we have a new injury until Salah and Mane return.

:tada:

1 Like

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Gomez Tsimikas
Jones Morton Milner (Elliot in at 60 min)
Ox Firmino Jota

Players need rhythm, I think he will go with:

Kelleher

TAA-Gomez-VVD-Tsimikas

Elliott-Henderson-Jones

Ox-Origi-Jota

Kelleher in goal.

I guess Bradley, Konate, Gomez and Tsimikas.

Morton at the base, Elliott RCM, Milner LCM. Thiago to be involved for sure, possibly Jones also.

Up top Chamberlain, one of Gordon/Minamino and probably one of Jota/Firmino (we could change it at HT or after 60 minutes). Jones could also be an option for the left half space. I don’t think Origi can start with only a day or two of return to training. Who knows if he’s even on the bench.

The rest will probably be a strong bench.

If we go stronger, I don’t mind it of course. We’ll see. We have 7 games in 22 days I think.

These kind of games are tough for Klopp and his team to select a playing xi

Do you give chances to youngsters for their growth and also keeping in mind that the feb calender is crowded with important games ?

Do you give a run out for players to get match fit ? If so who do you play in these matches

Also the likes of trent vvd etc , how do you manage them so that they dont get fatigued ?

Its much more difficult in lot of ways compared to selecting for a epl or a ucl match where you generally go with the strongest xi

They just got 10 days off in Dubai, play them.

1 Like

They’ve got much more competitive teams in the games that follow.

They need rhythm, play them.

I’d play one of Robbo or Trent and as Tsimikas is ideal cover it means probably Trent.

Start Gordon and include Jota and Elliott on the bench.

Time to give Gomez some minutes and probably Kelleher in goal. Considering Becker and Fabinho haven’t had a break I think they are the only two I’d rest completely maybe Henderson as he looked shattered.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hope to see Luis come on from bench.

Reality is that there won’t be many chances for him to start this season.

Alisson, Trent, Robbo, VvD, (Matip), Fabinho, Henderson, Salah, Mané - those 9 players will start most of the remaining PL and CL games until the end of the season.

FA Cup and the 5 subs in FA Cup, League Cup Final and CL will be the best chances of many other players to get their minutes.

We have games every 3 days to be fair until the end of the season. If he hits the ground running he has a chance.

3 Likes

Without a pre season he will be 6th choice for the 3 attacking spots until the end of the season.

And we all know Klopp has never been a huge fan of heavy rotation. 2 or maximum 3 changes unless it’s the domestic cup games.

Can not see Luis start until the Norwich game.

But the more I think about it - maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to start him on Sunday rightaway.

We are playing at home against a bottom half Championship side. Sadio and Mo are not available and we can make 5 changes.

Kelleher
Bradley Konate Gomez Kostas
Ox Henderson Curtis
Jota Bobby Díaz

Make it happen Jürgen.

1 Like

Why who is 5th choice?

1 Like

If he’s ready enough , will be a good idea to start him and see if he can get on a scoresheet

2 Likes

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

Sorry. 5th he is of course.

But still, Klopp will make one change max in the front 3 between PL and CL games.

Out of curiosity, is anyone watching the AFCON final in the evening as well?