PreMatch | Liverpool vs Man City | Sunday March 10th 15:45h

Dom played 40 minutes tonight already. He can do 60 on Sunday before super-sub Elliott comes on for him. I think Mo will have 60-70 minutes in him on Sunday too.

It is not like we will rest or spare our players for the arguably biggest game of the season. Particularly as we only have Sparta return leg and a cup tie before the international break.

5 Likes

Dunno about Salah, I think we will get another 20-30 min appearance.

Dom could easily do 60.

1 Like

2pm King Harry Pub to welcome the coaches in. Making it “special”.

Block 103 Kop for this. We will be loud.

11 Likes

Earlier KO than normal… check the times of the coach

2 Likes

Be very loud

3 Likes

Big game, this.

2 Likes

Yeah? Is it?

3 Likes

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: David Coote. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

At least Oliver is ref. He is better than most.

Coote…

1 Like

Seems Trents comments from an interview (i assume the FourFourTwo one) have been put to a couple of City players. I probably side with Trent, that winning stuff with Liverpool probably means more. Pretty sure City players look at other fanbases with admiration. 115 other reasons out there.

Fuck em

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1765765061388202202?t=4YHXZhqjBsl7BJri8Ro-dg&s=19

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1765765727221346777?t=7zIiVo9JXSUoFGQApxGAeg&s=19

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1765808433662423386?t=K1JsMFcAHk07fSFAKdIx_A&s=19

1 Like

At least Trent doesn’t look like Shrek.

115 charges…

6 Likes

They really are an easily offended bunch aren’t they?

11 Likes

Because they know it’s true.

12 Likes

Yeah, leave that to the fans Trent. Get yourself fit and come back. When you start going down the meanings and feelings route, it’s a battle which cannot be won. What’s next, our dads have bigger d*cks?

But hey, big deal. If it motivates them a bit more, who cares. We know already it’s going to be a highly emotional game. Hopefully not too emotional, because it can be a double edged sword.

Pretty important this one of course, but I also don’t want us to feel like it’s win here or lose the title if we don’t. I know playing City at home is the best chance to build extra distance and our sides don’t drop many points elsewhere. Plus, now there’s also Arsenal.

We’ll go with our natural approach to win the game, fans will create a wild atmosphere, but I’m also hoping our football doesn’t get desperate because of the whole narrative.

5 Likes

Funny how an innocent comment gets their knickers in a twist. It’s nothing new either, just take a look at Guardiola’s bitter, insecure, jealous comments over the years. Knowing that they’ve cheated their way to success will do that. They’ll be as fired up as usual.

Those who play will just have to be at their best on Sunday. In that regard, I am concerned about Klopp mentioning the intensity in his post match comments for a second game in a row. It makes perfect sense, we’ve had a brutal schedule with a limited number of players and it’s not going to get easier against these. Anfield will be pivotal in helping the team over the line.

5 Likes

One way to ensure victory over these cheating f—ers is to go at them full throttle for the full 90mins so their teeth begin to rattle… I’m sure whatever energy levels this squad has remaining on Sunday, each one of them, to a man, boy, even infant, will leave it all on the pitch… we can ask no more of them

3 Likes

Both us and Arsenal need to beat City. We cant not beat them then moan no one else beats them in the run in.
I do however feel this is the game where our injuries and rusty players coming back from injury could catch up with us. Hopefully not!

5 Likes

One thing that didnt come out of those tweets re. Rodri and Shrek are that Trent said this too

“Looking back on this era, although they’ve won more titles than us and have probably been more successful, our trophies will mean more to us and our fanbase because of the situations at both clubs, financially.

“How both clubs have built their teams and the manner in which we’ve done it, probably means more to our fans.”

So its not as if hes disregarded City’s achievements, and he talks about our fans, not all fans.

MSM whipping things up as usual.

8 Likes

Was thinking the same.

1 Like

I think there is often an expectation that these sorts of ties produce beautiful football. Perhaps in the early days when both managers were extremely naïve in there setup which saw gaps all over the place.

Now they are often cagey, displaying almost poor skill level from both teams who are trying to win the possession game through pressing and pressure, resulting in lots of turnovers.

I hope it isn’t but I feel this will be another such game. Probably another score draw…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, or injuries, fatigue etc will catch up with us and they will win easily.
What I can’t imagine is a comfortable win for us.