PreMatch | Liverpool vs Man City | Sunday March 10th 15:45h

I love these wild games. :sweat_smile:

It’s unusual to get such a win, but one thing that will be in our favour is the game is at Anfield and it will be a bearpit in there. When Anfield is at its best, we can have 15-20 minute spells where we score 2-3 quickly and get on top of the opposition. That’s what I’m hoping for on Sunday - take the first big chance that we create, and try to break them further. We’ve done it to City before - and got right into Peps head.

Likelihood is we are going to have a stressful Sunday afternoon and in there’s a winner, it will be by a single goal.

2 Likes

Bradley or Gomez will have their hands full with Doku.

Don’t want to jinx it but Doku is starting to look like a rich mans Adama Traore.

And for those who have doubts about Robbos form. I think he loves playing against City. Looking forward to see Silva or Foden crying on the floor while Robbo is laughing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Bradley and Gomez are both quick.
It should be an interesting match up.
Meanwhile their centre backs (whoever they are) have to deal with Darwin.

1 Like

Gomez definitely has some pace to him, more than Bradley? Doku is rapid, was dangerous in the last match.

I can’t see Klopp starting a back line of Bradley-Gomez-VVD- Tsimikas.

He will play Robbo.

As for the game I don’t see a collapse from us at Anfield. Be another tight cagey affair.

A lot was made of Doku “destroying” Trent in the game at the Etihad, with that narrative forgetting that Trent scored and Doku created absolutely nothing.

His lack of end product was the main reason teams had been so hesitant to move for him.

7 Likes

Never too early:

Smash them. They’re powder blue shit.

5 Likes

Totally agree. No need to give City extra motivation going into this one. I realize it’s a pretty harmless statement, but there’s no real upside to saying it.

2 Likes

There was a stat on twitter/x showing that Doku during his best performance spell is not as good as Sterling on his worst performance spell.

4 Likes

Dangerous?

But it is interesting that a number of their players have felt the need to respond and it feels a bit contrived and a bit of nervousness there that hasn’t normally been there.

Man City always pay special attention to this game and look for ways to motivate themselves beyond the norm. I suspect this time they are not quite going to reach the levels frenzy they need and they will be there for the taking.

2 Likes

Crowd is massive for us.

7 Likes

They were asked about it.

1 Like

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate (Quansah)
VVD
Robertson

Szoboszlai
Endo
MacAllister

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Rip into them from the start.

4 Likes

I feel very confident but I would check in with me as we get closer.

1 Like

Speaking in his pre-City press conference on Friday afternoon, Jürgen Klopp gave an update on the general state of his squad: "Yeah, fresh, Joe [Gomez] is fine - Ibou, I don’t know.

“Ibou was rather positive last night, he thought he made the right decision in the right moment saying it’s better I go [off]. But how we know, that doesn’t mean a lot unfortunately. He will get scanned, definitely, [but] so far I don’t have the results of that. All the others are fine.”

Asked about Mohamed Salah specifically following his return, he added: “Mo, there is nothing. He is fine.”

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/live/1L_-NGuy2GY?si=XzmQz3FcE6Dmjkqe

Klopp Press conference

1 Like

We have to win. Not that it will guarantee the title but based on past seasons, Man City has shown to be fully capable of putting in extraordinary end season run in once they are in the position to do so. Losing this and allowing them to overtake us will just give the momentum to go on a run that they shown to be capable of.

4 Likes