PreMatch | Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest | PL Matchday 4 | Saturday 14th September 15:00

Forest at home next and apart from any injuries on international duty I can’t see us going with anything but the same team again. Forest have 5 points but their only win was against Southampton so we’ll be a massive step up for them. Easy win on paper and if we’re a few goals up I’d like to see earlier subs for Nunez and Gakpo, get them a bit of rhythm.

Early thread opening so we can talk about proper football during the internationals.

5 Likes

Might just get to see Chiesa in this one at some point.

I reckon a diamond at the back.

Ali
Ibou Virg
Grav

Then absolutely no fucks given.

Szobo
Chiesa Salah Nunez Jota Gakpo Diaz

Put them to the test and see if they can make it past our front line, if they do and it goes downhill….then make the changes.

2 Likes

When did we sign these players?

2 Likes

First real test of the season.

We have AC Milan away on Tuesday after this, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Slot does rest some players.

3 Likes

I hope AC Milan don’t fire their coach before then. They’re in a big mess, and I don’t want to face the new manager’s first game effect.

2 Likes

I think so too. Chiesa should get some minutes in. Maybe even start instead of Jota too.

1 Like

He may do but i don’t think he will. It’s just a feeling but i think he’s going to go all out for the PL this year even at the risk of the CL but even that isn’t so much of a risk under the new format. Fair enough getting top 8 gets you through automatically but all we need to do really is get top 24 out of 36 which our 2nd team should do easily enough considering some of the teams in it. I know that means an extra 2 legged tie but it’s not as harsh as previous years where a few losses meant not getting to the knockout stage.

I could be totally wrong on this but a loss or 2 in the league could mean the difference between top and 2nd (especially the way city look) whereas a few losses in the CL just means 2 extra games to be played. Once we’re through in the CL i think he may rotate though.

1 Like

I think we’ll some changes.

The settled eleven that Slot has used to get us through this opening trio of fixtures was only ever going to last to the first international break. When we are in a three game a week rhythm he will have to rotate.

Do would not be surprised to see Quansah, Bradley, Kostas, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo and Nunez come into the reckoning for this one. Especially Elliot and Jones, who were spectacular in preseason, and can feel unlucky not to have been more involved.

5 Likes

Clean sheet and goals please.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for the PL to return.

3 Likes

Yes. @Bekloppt and his ideas on new threads and timezones just doesn’t help matters.

I am known to be very helpful and a lot of people appreciate the effort I put into suggesting the time zone thread. I’ve had numerous private messages expressing gratitude and admiration for my work in this field.
Time zone thread suggesting can be a lonely and thankless task and it’s not aided by sniping and hurtful criticism from people who should know better.

3 Likes

Feels like the worst international break.

Not sure why.

1 Like

Possibly because Arne has made a flying start, the team is playing vibrant football and we have yet to concede a goal.

All international breaks are shite, but this one definitely came at the wrong time.

12 Likes

Yeah, agree. A team like United will be thankful for the break as it’s a chance to start fresh and hopefully improve, but for us there’s always a risk it will kill the momentum we’d built up.

At least a home match against Forest is a decent game to get the momentum rolling again.

3 Likes

As long as everyone returns fit it won’t be the worst ever. I’m sure there have been some where multiple players were injured.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree just feels a drag in the here and now.