PreMatch | Tottenham vs Liverpool | Saturday September 30th 17:30

Apart from Jota’s first yellow, what did Hooper get wrong? If there’s a corruption accusation it’s directed at Darren England (again)

Robbo went in 50/50 with Porro I think, did absolutely nothing wrong and gave Robbo a yellow.

Awarded a corner when Robbo clearly played it off Kuluevski.

Didn’t see it in the game but I think SOT posted a picture of Porro with a high boot on Diaz and maybe even caught him slightly…doubt anything was given.

& potentially a pen on Gomez not given. Judge for yourself.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1708227764589863116

I blame the lino as much as the guys on VAR for the disallowed goal, because he simply cannot get that decision wrong & if he doesn’t, the goal stands.

4 Likes

Foul on Gomez in Penalty area, shirt pull on Virg, I even thought on Jota’s 2nd yellow he pulled out and the player dived

2 Likes

Incompetent refereeing should be felt by both teams. However, if the decisions are biased against one team only, it raises a question of other factors being at play. Heck, if Gary Neville sides with us on those decisions, it clearly says somthing is not right.

7 Likes

Sending Jones off was the wrong decision and a massive one, which changes the course of the game. You may think it’s a red card, but I disagree.

4 Likes

Credit to @WeeJoe I think he agreed with that when I pointed that out in the post-match thread.

Of course it’s not a red. Ref gave a yellow then the VAR changed mind by showing a still frame. On reflection there were other poor decisions by Hooper such as Salah’s yellow and others.
VAR blatant cheating though

4 Likes

Jurgen should channel this anger into controlled aggression by our team. To show the rest of the league they don’t mess with us.

1 Like

How mate? Even if we look at our opponent wrong we get a yellow. How are we supposed to put in robust challenges then? But they can hack us down and nothing

By being front footed and in their faces. I’d rather we go down fighting (but not being dirty) than being cowed by them. This will also up our intensity, which is our strength. Kinda fed up with the officials.

2 Likes

We’ve never been dirty! Under Klopp we won the fair play title 5 seasons in a row. And suddenly we’re getting more reds and yellows than any other club.

Tell me what do we do? We can’t keep going down to 10 men. Once, twice hmm okay…after yesterday we are being targeted, I am convinced

2 Likes

I know we’re being targetted. However, reading almost all the press reports as well as listening to the pundits, this match has generated almost unanimous negative publicity for the referees and VAR groups.

1 Like

Maybe our club should submit these inconsistencies to PGMOL and get their explanation. Liverpool fans spot 4 more things referee Simon Hooper got wrong - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield

:lock: :lock: :lock: