Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Time to open the new thread.
May it be a successful season for us, with a lot of goals and wins, and a big celebration at the end!!!
2 Likes

I’m going to bring disrepute and disgrace on my family’s name for this but it just has to be done. The final table will most definitely look like this
1 LFC
2 Man City
3 Chelsea
4 Man Utd
5 Wolves
6 Arsenal
7 Leicester
8 Spurs
9 Everton
10 Sheff Utd
11 Leeds
12 Southampton
13 Burnley
14 Brighton
15 West Ham
16 Villa
17 Newcastle
18 Palace
19 West Brom
20 Fulham

2 Likes

1 LFC
2 Man City
3 Chelsea
4 Wolves
5 Man Utd
6 Arsenal
7 Leicester
8 Spurs
9 Everton
10 Sheff Utd
11 Brighton
12 Southampton
13 Burnley
14 Leeds
15 Newcastle
16 Palace
17 *Villa
18 West Ham
19 West Brom
20 Fulham

• Villa to be relegated if they sell Greleish, but no idea who they replace in the bottom 3.
3 Likes

I’m sure I’ll get crucified for this but;

1 Chelsea
2 Man City
3 Man U
4 LFC
5 Arse
6 Wolves

Bottom three - Villa, WBA and Fulham

Daaaamn son. I’m really hoping that’s an attempt at a reverse-jinx, which I can respect.

7 Likes

I do get where he is coming from. I have a worry we’ll lose a small bit of motivation this season and could end up going a bit stale like in extent Tottenham seems to have done having the same team for so long. This team has been together for a long while and might need refreshing. There is no one better at getting players motivated than Klopp though🙂

1 Like

No way will Chelsea win the league. They are buying way too many first choice starters in the wrong window to be able to build any sort of cohesion or understanding. I can see them being mid table in December with Lampard getting the arse.

Also struggle to see how City will turn around 19 points as they aren’t addressing their key weaknesses - no decent alternative for Fernandino as their chief snide midfield hacker stopping opponents counter attacks if he is not selected or if he is playing CB as apart from Laporte, the rest of the CB’s are all utter gash, and whilst I do like Ake, he isn’t really that much better than anyone else they have to be able to turn aound a 19 point gap.

2 Likes

Indeed. With the purchases they’re making, I would say they’re basically us in 13/14, except their attackers aren’t as good, their defence is worse and their manager is less experienced.

3 Likes

Interestingly England didn’t get a penalty yesterday until a Man Utd player was on the pitch. Shocking Bruno Fernandez didn’t pop up out of no where to take that, maybe if Harry Kane wasn’t around to claim it…

4 Likes

1-LFC
2-City
3-Chelsea
4-Crap from old toilet
5-Wolves
6-ArsenLOL
7-Spurs
8-Leicester
9-Sheffield United
10-Everton
11-Newcastle
12-Leeds
13-Brighton
14-Burnley
15-Southampton
16-CP
17-West Ham
18-Fulham
19-Villa
20-West Brom

1 LFC
2 Man City
3 Chelsea
4 Man Utd
5 Arsenal
6 Wolves
7 Spurs
8 Leicester
9 Everton
10 Sheffield Utd
11 Leeds
12 Newcastle
13 Brighton
14 Burnley
15 West Ham
16 Aston Villa
17 Southampton
18 Crystal Palace
19 West Brom
20 Fulham

1 Like
  1. Manchester City: because Bald Fraud will cry if he doesn’t get his way
  2. Manchester United: due to getting at least one dubious penalty per game
  3. Chelsea: best team on paper cough but football isn’t played on paper. And their defence is shit.
  4. Everton: for the bantz.

1. Liverpool. because we’re shit and all our success has been due to VAR and Klopp is nothing but a gurning cheerleader.
7 Likes
1 Like

My shout for the final table:

1 Liverpool
2 Man City
3 Chelsea
4 Man Utd
5 Arsenal
6 Wolves
7 Spurs
8 Leicester
9 Sheff Utd
10 Southampton
11 Burnley
12 Everton
13 Leeds
14 Brighton
15 Palace
16 Newcastle
17 West Ham
18 Villa
19 West Brom
20 Fulham

1 Like

I’m happy for us to be talked down, have done the last two seasons and they’ve been the best two for 30 years.

2 Likes

The Guardian has tipped us for 1st, though, which is deeply troubling…

2 Likes

Can’t wait for our title defence to begin!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

At least it is not Mark Lawrenson.

1 Like

Just noticed that Wolves are down to basically only 3 central midfielders at the moment.

Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker. Plus Saiss, mainly a defender who can do a job in midfield.

Gibbs-White and Jordao have left on loans. Let’s see what they do there.

Linked to another Porto player, Vitinha.

1 Like