Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Ben White struggling, playing people onside, not defending 1v1. Talented lad, but understandable if he needs to adapt to a whole new level.

2 Likes

It may not have been a yellow. I am just fairly sure there wasn’t contact enough for a penalty. And while I agree that Fernandes is extremely good at provoking penalties due to his quickness, they are usually valid as he is too fast for the defender.

Anyway, none of this is very important, but I just call it as I see it :slight_smile:

Look where slab head arm was. Another off the post.

3 Likes

Ffs, should have been a goal
United defending is a constant joke

3 Likes

Millimeters from a brilliant Brighton goal. They have another goal in them for sure.

3 Likes

What’s that, four off the metal for Brighton? They’re still playing better in possession than is Man U. Rashford’s talent the only key difference maker.

6 Likes

WTF, 4 off the bar
Ole surely must have offered himself to Satan as a sacrifice

I think to be brutally honest, no-one wants to pay Utd what they want for him (and probably Pogba what he thinks he warrants). He probably has a high commercial appeal that they want to maintain so cant really justify sidelining him. If they strengthen other areas of the team, Pogba can do his thing (which he can do quite well) while the rest of the side do the heavy lifting.

As for Lindelof, that is less clear.

2 Likes

Yeah, this could have been something like 4-2 to Brighton. They have played very, very well. They have issues with Uniteds fast attackers, but they themselves have managed to create much more top chances than United has, and United has a shaky defence indeed (actually we are watching two shaky defences).

4 Likes

This shit was started by Kane, wait for til you feel the contact, any contact, then loose the power of your legs unless it’s lateral movement across the defender, then go down and immediately look at the ref with an expression like a confused fish. Penalty.
Bruno has taken it to a whole new level. I’ve seen Kane say during interviews he “felt the contact and went over”, for him any contact makes “winning” the penalty legitimate.

5 Likes

League seems to be adjusting to Bruno too, which suggests we’ll see even more diving

4 Likes

And all they are concerned about is spending 90mil on Sancho :rofl:

Pogba is a shell of his former self. He looks absolutely devoid any joy or love for the game. Going through the motions and disappearing at times.

6 Likes

Geez, up against four defenders and he still gets to shoot :laughing:

1 Like

This is what Transfermarkt has on the Sancho signing that united actually need:
Brent Sancho.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.transfermarkt.com/brent-sancho/profil/spieler/12849&ved=2ahUKEwjx25qb74bsAhWP_aQKHUfGCRYQFjAAegQIEhAC&usg=AOvVaw0I9lU4uZgoLHIxbsa0r68k
43 years of experience at centre-back

2 Likes

How about that yellow for Martial then?

2 Likes

No disrespect to Manchester United (well, actually some), but they will win some but also lose some, won’t be stable throughout a season, so the more important game for us today is probably Chelsea (also very skeptical to them being a stable top team, but I do think they will be better than Manchester United over an entire season).

Anyway, early days so I may be wrong. Manchester United may be better than Chelsea come end of the season, but they need investment then and Chelsea kind of need to fail.

1 Like

Huh? Lallana didn’t touch De Gea.

2 Likes

Brighton players going on extended dribbles through multiple United players over and over. It’s effin’ hilarious!

6 Likes

Seriously that United defending is shocking.As in laughable.

5 Likes