Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Really don’t give a shit whether they win or lose. They are absolutely none of our business.

4 Likes

Since 2018/19 season, I have stopped giving fuck to the 19 other clubs. It’s simple, if we do our job they aren’t even relevant.

1 Like

Apparently there was one game in 2018 where the teams were in the dressing rooms.

1 Like

It’s not so much that they won, it’s that they seem to get a disproportionate amount of fortune vis-a-vis other clubs — even if the penalty was correct, van de Beek had the ball out of play before the corner.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. They’re close to right where we want them and regressing.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to Palace vs Everton. I think that will actually be a very good and hard fought game and that game doesn’t have clear favorites.

4 Likes

This is some stat -

Brighton have hit the woodwork more than Man Utd have had total shots

4 Likes

dark forces at play indeed… also, i thought there were only 5 mins injury time and he still allowed the corner. The miracle at Brighton, they’ll be singing songs about this for ages to come and keeping ole firmly at the wheel lol

2 Likes

Crazy-many more characters.

Here’s another one. :laughing:

6 Likes

Anyway, important to note that VAR actually works this season. Pitch side monitors should have always been the obvious solution. incredible that they needed an entire season to implement it though.

1 Like

I asked the same question in the Utd thread. It is a clear handball, but the game was over. I dont know Ive ever thought about this scenario, but Im struggling to justify how a ref can officially end a game and then restart it.

4 Likes

I have seen it happen before so there are precedents.

1 Like

So unlucky Brighton… The ref was terrible… Howard Webb in disguise… Bruno should have been off for second yellow when he gave away the pen… Ref shouldn’t have overturned the pen that the ref gave Brighton…And the added time was 5 mi utes and they scored a goal in the 5 th min… So that’s it… Game over after they had scored…

2 Likes

Really looking forward to Palace vs Everton now, pretty sure it will be two decent and motivated teams. And i normally dont bother to watch Palace.

1 Like

Palace v bitters on prime video folks.

1 Like

Battle for first.

2 Likes

I guess it feels unnatural but equally if the referee misses a clear offence and ends the game, like today, and VAR cannot correct it then what is the point in having VAR?

I don’t like it but I think there are problems either way.

3 Likes

Have to keep reminding myself that, unlike the times where these kind of jammy wins would help them win the League, we’re still gonna finish 20+ points ahead of United. :rofl:

1 Like

Calvert-Lewin 1-0 Toffee’s

1 Like