Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Regarding the Manchester United penalty, it wasn’t actually controversial. When you have VAR, decisions will change and the penalty decision was the correct one. Brighton should have won the game, deserved to win the game, but it was still a penalty every day of the week.

1 Like

Might as well have been. The imposter in black was red and white all through.

I’ve finally seen the incident and I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. Back in the day, that would have been given 8 times out of 10. The ball was headed toward the goal and the defender blocked it with his hand / arm. Penalty. It does not matter whether or not it was intentional. He blocked the flight of the ball with his hand in the penalty area, therefore it’s a penalty.

I thought the same!

1 Like

I am not sure that is correct. Previously, that would have been up to interpretation at the very least. The ball seeks the hand, not the other way around and when it is then point blank, previously ref’s would then need to take into account if the arm was in a natural position or not. If natural, no penalty due to the short range, if unnatural, a penalty. So there is some controversy I would argue.

1 Like

Carlo not happy with DCL there. If that had been any one of our Fun Boy Three that would’ve been in. Even Bobby would’ve got that. Hello @Alright_Now.

1 Like

@Alright_Now 1-2, 2-2 or 2-3 will be the end result :wink:

1 Like

My ‘back in the day’ may not be your ‘back in the day’.

2 Likes

Fair point.

The good news is neither of yours’ are @cynicaloldgit’s

5 Likes

Who sits around more? Ole or Roy?

Roy’s twice the manager Ole is. I’ve actually grown quite fond of him. He sits there looking like he’s suffering from dementia, but he can still do the job.

4 Likes

I think that is no contest and clear victory in the sport of bench sitting for Roy.

1 Like

Did you really get up at 4:00 a.m. to watch Man Utd? Questions will be asked in the House.

7 Likes

His relatives back in Bombay/Mumbai are big BHA supporters. That’s his excuse.

7 Likes

I am being scapegoated. @El_Dorado was here before me. And at @ShadesOfRed never leaves here.

6 Likes

Haha. Maharashtran Lives Matter. MLM. Get in!

4 Likes

What is that Chelsea 3rd kit, Crystal Palace?

They are all Rajasthan Royals supporters these days. My brother-in-law is a manager on the team. In fact, we need a Royals thread. I’m disappointed that you, whom I consider globally informed, did not mention the great win over Chennai.

6 Likes

At least the 3 makes sense in the third kit.