Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Baseball and Cricket? Pfft, and you accuse me of watching anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Moookiiiiieee laaaaaadddd

I actually never met an Indian who talked of anything other than cricket until I came here. And when I’ve been in India, it seems all the news is cricket news.

8 Likes

Everton struggling more now. A bit typical of such teams who are good enough, but not top teams, that when they get a goal up, they sit back too much to soak pressure. Ancelotti has not told them to do this, it is the psychology of the entire team we are watching now. Likewise, I suspect the game would change entirely character if Everton would get a third goal, as the air in Palace balloon would then likely sieve into nothingness.

3 Likes

Let’s have a look at yet another fake pen

2 Likes

What’s a pen again?

2 Likes

Agreed. I am so confused. How was that not a pen but Joel Ward was.

4 Likes

Silva starts and he’s already captain.

What? :joy:

3 Likes

Solution. Duct tape all arms to players’ sides before each match. This would also end all the cynical grabbing.

4 Likes

Caballero starts, Kepa on the bench.

But then David Luiz would never give up pens, which would also be confusing.

2 Likes

But how would Bruno pick himself off the ground? On second thought, I like this idea.

3 Likes

Such a rule would end a lot of careers. Think of Martin Skrtel.

1 Like

Such a shame. Still, Caballero’s reflexes are probably not the best these days, so even if he won’t fumble, he may have weaknesses if you shoot hard and fast near his body,

This time he’ll be on the pitch for a 7-1 defeat by Germany. Werner and Havertz scoring loads at the wrong end. Something to do with getting used to driving on the left.

1 Like

Explanation just given by commentator. DCL’s arms were much closer to his body than the Palace player’s were. The Palace player’s arms were almost perpendicular to his body. Almost, but not entirely. But enough to be seen to be intentionally blocking the flight of the ball.

2 Likes

that type of pen?

3 Likes

I accept it. I mean, you can saw defender’s arms off, but you probably shouldn’t if you want to see them on the pitch more than once.

You’ve been reading about Shah Jahan and the Taj Mahal again.

It also hits DCL full in the body before caroming off his arm a bit. Never a pen.

2 Likes