Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Frank: if WB hadn’t scored 3 goals we would have won the game proud of my players

9 Likes

Had it been us it would certainly have got chalked off

This is just ridiculous. Plain cheating or incompetence. What’s the fcking point of VAR, if you don’t even know the fcking rules you have set for the game. Fck off.

3 Likes

Did Ingsy just scored?

4 Likes

I think Fat Frank will flatter to deceive and end up being an Ole level manager. Both Chelsea and Man Utd have such resources that they should be closing the gap to Liverpool and Man City and looking at a title challenge, but based on what I’ve seen so far there will be a sizable gap.

The difference a good manager makes will probably be seen across the park, as Everton will break out of their natural habitat, which of course is eighth, and with a fair wind they may even have hope for fourth.

2 Likes

In the form of his life for a good while now.

What a legend.

3 Likes

Tonight’s MOTD will be interesting… plenty to talk about with only 4 matches

Kai Havertz is a moody thing. He was lucky not to be booked for naughty challenges when things weren’t going his way. He just does things that make him seem petulant and unlikeable. My posting history bears out how highly I think of Havertz and his potential but at this exact moment in time, relative to his transfer fee and getting adjusted to the Prem, IMO he is one of the top 5 most overhyped and overrated players in the world. I’m certain he will come good and he has the potential to be a world beater, but his game as present is just not very impressive.

3 Likes

Different rule this season. The handball has to be immediately before the chance is created. After Havertz handled West Brom cleared the ball straight to Mount. New phase of play and the decision was correct.

3 Likes

Interesting this American group ALK Capital pushing to buy Burnley and make it a “moneyball” project. It really is impressive what Mike Garlick has done with the club from a financial perspective when you consider Burnley’s size. How I understand, Burnley has very little or no debt.

2 Likes

Not really getting the angst over the Everton/Utd/Chelsea results today. Always amusing to see them lose but I just watch them these days hoping to see a good game of football. They are completely irrelevant. Light years behind us. The only team’s results we need to worry about are City’s.

3 Likes

Ingsy scored…Oh, just offside.

Sean Dyche with some kind of protest not bringing on any of his subs :rofl:

3 Likes

Protest against his own players ineptitude?

2 Likes

Was just thinking this. Trailing since the fifth minute and doesn’t trust any of the young players. Why bother having youth teams?

Hopefully the lack of options mean this is finally the end of the road for Burnley.

3 Likes

The fact that they have been run so lean makes the ‘moneyball’ idea rather dubious, any benefit ALK could get would necessarily being able to find even more efficient ways of spending resources than the existing management. Not much low-hanging fruit there.

2 Likes

He brought up character so he might as well have said this.

2 Likes

I have to say Everton could surprise me, Chelsea achieving anything less than a win against a team who have looked appalling is a good result as for Man Utd again it doesn’t look like a team that could challenge and they were dross last week against Palace.

They would require for us to drop considerably back on last season and I’m not seeing that. Jota and Thiago were signings we needed to make in my view, now we have I have few concerns and anyhow I don’t bother with the league table until 10-15 games in

5 Likes

Just seen Brighton vs United on MOTD. Can’t argue with the pen, but goodness, United were lucky.

Obviously I’m missing supporters, but this season has been wild so far.

It’s become fashionable to be “moneyball” after Liverpool and to a lesser extent Leicester won the league. But in order to do that, you still need to have a minimum manageable framework in place. Liverpool had a lot of things going for them to be successful at moneyball.

2 Likes