Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Wolves really aren’t that good when they have to rely on anything other than counterattacks. A very one dimensional team.

There I have found it
https://twitter.com/FootyHumour/status/1310268796796637185?s=19

13 Likes

Bowen is looking bright…

1 Like

As much as we love to laugh at Moyes, Soucek and Bowen have been excellent signings for West Ham. Always impressed with the pair of them on the days I feel brave/bored enough to put West Ham on.

2 Likes

Cheers for that such a well thought out post what brought a lot to the discussion :bellhop_bell::end:

How WHU is only 1-0 ahead is beyond me. They should be 2 to 3 up.

2 Likes

Hammers look like adding to their goal.

Aged like a fine wine this one :blush:

2 Likes

Guess David Moyes is self-isolating due to COVID. Wish him well.

I also hear Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulis are involuntarily isolating due to not being able to find a job.

2 Likes

From BBC: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54222449

Leicester’s best ever start - the stats

It is the first time in 686 games that a side managed by Guardiola has conceded five goals.

It is also the first time in 438 games at Etihad Stadium that City have let in five goals.

This was only the second time Guardiola has lost his opening home game of a league season as a manager.

Leicester have won their opening three games of a top-flight season for the first time.

The Foxes have scored 12 goals in the Premier League this season, the most by a team in their first three matches since Manchester City (12) and Manchester United (13) in 2012-13.

Leicester are the first Premier League side to score three penalties in a game (EDIT: this stat is hard to believe), while Manchester City are the first side to concede three spot-kicks in the same fixture since Tottenham in October 2014.

Vardy has now scored eight league goals against Manchester City since Guardiola took charge in 2016.

Vardy is the only player to score two hat-tricks against sides managed by Guardiola.

Since his Premier League debut in August 2014, Vardy has won more (19) and scored more (22) penalties than any other player in the competition.

6 Likes

Fair play to Rodgers, it was key they started well after the capitulation last season. There was a lot of pessimism about their prospects for this season, even with their own fans, and that had the potential to spiral badly.

10 Likes

Possibly time to realize and admit he’s only gotten better since leaving Liverpool. You think about Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United all having managers who are demonstrably inferior to him and City with a guy who’s foot may be coming off the gas pedal. Leicester City supporters might need to hope he’s satisfied with his new contract and being a large fish in a smaller pond.

2 Likes

On the back of that first half maybe Moyes should stay away like the fans…

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

I’m going to keep an eye on you.

4 Likes

Bowen again. 2-0

4 Likes

Wolves missing Doherty and Jota.

2 Likes

Not sure I can recall Wolves being so victimized on the counter. Antonio certainly a handful. What a pass by him.

2 Likes