Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

6 Likes

Moyseh is doing some job. Believe it or not I’m happy for them. I’ve always had a weird fascination with that club. All things considered, they should always be in the top half of the table IMO.

1 Like

West Ham, Chelsea are winning, we are in 6th place now. :thinking:

1 Like

6th place with 40pts. Both Everton (37pts) and Villa (36pts) each have 2 games in hand on us.

EDIT: 14 matches left and 42pts on offer. Cliche as it sounds, need to make each and every one count from here to the end.

3 Likes

Especially with that massive new stadium. I was on the other side of that trade, hoping they would drag that behemoth back to the Championship. I actually have nothing against West Ham, though. Just thought it would be funny. I am astonished at Moyes, however. He’s looked nothing like a manager since they hung that banner at OT. Now suddenly…

And, really, we have to draw the line somewhere. West Ham finishing above Liverpool when we have Jurgen Klopp at the helm. No!

2 Likes

I always adjust the table for teams with games in hand.

1. We are eighth at the moment
  2. We are six points from second

So it’s not as horrible as it sounds. Yes it’s horrible by our standards. Last season we showed how easy it can be to win the League, this season we are showing how competitive it can be.

It’s always us. :blush:

3 Likes
4 Likes

How many points have been enough to be at least 4th in the table in the last few years?

How many wins do we need out of the remaining 14?

1 Like

2015/16: 66 points (City)
2016/17: 76 points (Liverpool)
2017/18: 75 points (Liverpool)
2018/19: 71 points (Spurs)
2019/20: 66 points (Chelsea)

I think 70 points would be enough that means we need 10 (out of 14 remaining) more wins.

3 Likes

Even 8 out of 14 seems a lot with our current form.

ManU and Leicester are on course for 73 points and Chelsea and West Ham :see_no_evil: are on course for 66,5 points.

Where are the statistics guys? Could it be that points have been shared more this season so that less than 65 points could be enough for 4th? Or is the opposite the case and we might need more than 70?

1 Like

As of today, the fivethirtyeight model shows we are 71% to finish Top 4. Take that for what it’s worth because all that is fluid and changes daily.

EDIT: that same model says we are 25% to make the UCL final, which is second only to City. Whatever that means.

1 Like
1 Like

Wonder how many fans, I expect some on the first day of next season, will be odd returning to the old schedule, I think something will break on the next TV deal especially as this rebate will not have pleased fans.

1 Like

Agüero and de Bruyne on bench.

Calvert Levin missing.

1 Like

The roids sure work well…

Lewin had a hamstring strain in the FA Cup, probably being rested for us.

2 Likes

Pls pls pls can we have a draw… Neither one to have any points…and a few tasty tackles to reduce the teams…

I really, really hope that they kick seven sorts of shit out of each other, with yellow and red cards like confetti.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a City win is the best result for us. We’re not going to catch them.

1 Like

Everton having a real go :joy:
I think their possession stats are all Pickford

Is Mina injured badly?

1 Like