Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

Doh

yeah, Sheffield United

That was some cheek shown by Mateta for his backheel goal last night.

Iā€™m in the States so video may be region blocked.

https://youtu.be/ldS9jyWqMks

2 Likes
4 Likes

Was going say itā€™s got to be first or second last season, Iā€™d still say itā€™s first, Iā€™d also rate the season when Man City pipped us as the best ever, two teams basically matching each other stride for stride and ending up in the two biggest points totals not to mention we also won the CL that season.

4 Likes

Two of the most dominant seasons of all time, one of which just happened to be the highest ever points tally to finish second.

'Scuse me French, but fucking cunt fuck cunt.

3 Likes

Ings and Minamino benched for the trip to Leeds. No surprise really.

2 Likes

That has been my suspicion since then especially when the chairman of was it the FA or the league I canā€™t remember came out and condemned Liverpool not any of the other attendees after that outburst I knew our lives would become a lot harder from then onwards

2 Likes

Check out that tackle by Romeu. Absolutely brilliantā€¦and then the play acting afterwards from the Leeds player, Raphinha.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe Bielsa canā€™t speak English.

Was the PL, Fa was removed soon after for some baffling responses on a Zoom call.

Shame Parry hasnā€™t more influence, he owes us.

2 Likes

I think its a bit of kiddumā€¦Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve heard him shout in English.

1 Like

Liverpool will be defined by response to their most heartbreaking season
Sorry tried to copy and paste a TIA article by Henry Jackson summing up our season perfectly

2 Likes

Only Leicester (and Burnley, to some extent) have made good use of the points we gave them. WBA, Newcastle, Brighton, Southampton have just thrown it away like some freebies.

1 Like

If we keep on giving points to everyone, no team will be able to make good use of them. :sunglasses:

Do you think Fulham is going to get relegated this year? They seem to be playing well lately. And I am not sure Newcastle will stay on, but I didnā€™t see their schedule.

2 Likes

I actually think Fulham have a fair chance of overtaking Newcastle, who are pretty abysmal. Unbeaten in their last 4, 8 points from 12 - putting us to shame in that time.

As bad as theyā€™ve been over the last couple of months, Iā€™m assuming Southampton remain a good enough squad to turn it around at some point, and they still have an 8-point cushion over the relegation spots.

3 Likes

Fulham have been picking up a fair few points, bottom three was cut adrift only a few weeks back. I said I expected one of the bottom three to make a run and it seems it will be Fulham, Newcastle seem to be frankly awful, Soton on 30 arenā€™t safe if they canā€™t arrest this form, I think Brighton will have enough but that loss to Palace is odd considering theyā€™ve been rubbish.

3 Likes

Weeks missed through injury:
Van Dijk - 29
Gomez - 25
Matip - 23
Keita - 22
Ox - 20
Jota - 17
Tsimikas - 17
Fabinho - 9
Shaqiri - 9
Milner - 9
Alisson - 8
Henderson - 6 (tbc) *if surgery required, heā€™s out for rest of season
Trent - 4
Mane - 3
Salah - 1

6 Likes

Basically Jones, Firmino, Robertson and Gini.

Because Kelleher has been missing as well recently.

1 Like

Are these projected (till end of the season) figures?

When Milner is out for weeks, you know something is wrong.

1 Like

This is without the positive COVID cases, right?

1 Like