Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

They are honestly a good team these days. Not in this game maybe that much, but in general. One of the seasons biggest surprises no doubt (positive surprises, we probably stand for the biggest negative surprise I am afraid).

6 Likes

Baffles me why Joe Willock isnā€™t starting for Arsenal, I think he a really quality player, but it worked out well for us today.

1 Like

Did say somewhere that a team shipping goals like WHU had been doing may come a cropper regardless of who they face

2 Likes

Brewster starts for Sheffield :clap: :pray:

3 Likes

To take them down.

1 Like

There are some add-ons, mind it :wink:

2 Likes

Bye bye Blades

Itā€™s coming home, itā€™s coming home, itā€™s coming, top 4 finish is coming home. :drooling_face:

6 Likes

How Steve Bruce retains his job as manager is beyond me. That was a pathetic display in the second half, and it was down to the manager and his ridiculous tactics. Iā€™m happy they dropped points, but Iā€™d be furious if I were a Geordie. That was one of the most gutless displays Iā€™ve seen in a long time.

Basically, we need 1 point to overtake West Ham, 3 points to overtake Chelsea or 5 points to overtake Leicester. With 7 games to go.

West Ham are at home to Chelsea, but other than that a pretty easy run-in. Mid-table teams

Chelsea are away to West Ham and Manchester City, at home for Arsenal and Leicester. 4 difficult games. Especially with additional FA cup and CL games.

The last three games for Leicester are away at United, away at Chelsea and at home for Spurs.

My take is it will go to last game of the season to decide top 4. My best would be Chelsea struggling with the number of games, and one of West ham or Leciester slipping up.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re exactly where Ashley wants them to be. In the PL, but just about safe with games to go. Not too good enough so thereā€™s no other sort of pressure, not crap enough for them to drop down. A dangerous game of course. I donā€™t know when will they get rid of him.

:joy:

3 Likes

Fulham 1-0

1 Like

Lacazette has just gone off with what looked like a hamstring thatā€™s a concern for them

1 Like

There goes the Europa League :laughing:

Late goal 1-1 does nothing for both sides to be honest, glad they didnā€™t rule that out as it would have been farcical

1 Like

Could see a few Fulham players of good age wanted this summer, although a few are not Fulham players, but on loan, some with an option to buy. Donā€™t see them in the Championship next season.

1 Like

We played on Wednesday in the CL and on Monday night in the PL.

Arsenal played on Thursday in the EL and on Sunday early afternoon in the PL.

If nothing else this is the most important reason why we have to avoid the EL.

3 Likes

Probably more due to the fact Arsenal are playing Friday night.

1 Like

Which also also easily be played on Saturday or Sunday.

Fixture planning by the PL is arbitrarily - nothing else.

1 Like

Goal against Scum ruled out. Who would have thought.

2 Likes