Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

In order to win a league , you need a solid platform from the year before. We haven’t that at all at the moment. I’ll be very happy if we can hopefully qualify for the CL next season again, and build that platform for the season after that. But it won’t be simple. We’ll have to deal with the EL.

As for the title, there are big chances that it will be Cheaty’s again.

2 Likes

I had to look up the word ‘shapeshifting’. It is the mythological ability of human beings to metamorphose into other animals.
WTF! I feel nauseous now. We’re going to be subjected to weeks and months of media crap like this.

2 Likes

great finish by Ings!

1 Like

Nah they are broke he is more likely to go to another moneybags club like PSG?

1 Like

They would have carried on sliding down the table if they had lost their entire back line to inju8ry more like

1 Like

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes

Even if three of those home losses were draw, it would have been massively different.

…and yet, there’s this outrageous narrative that football isn’t a product.

3 Likes

I must have had something in my tea when i posted that. Sorry😑

8 Likes

Don’t lie. You had @Scott.Jones over for an evening smoke, didn’t you? :thinking:

8 Likes

You can be sure that the first games back at Anfield and the emptihad will be piles apart in atmosphere. Wherever we finish this season the welcome that our (also ran) boys come out to will be huge and full of passion. Meanwhile at the emptihad their cheerleader announcer will be doing his best to whip the crowd into a frenzy in the style of ‘The Price is right’. Yes our lads missed out on the trophy lift in front of the fans and the parade. But they experience week in, week out an atmosphere that the Citoil players can only dream of.

8 Likes

Oh and you can be sure that the atmosphere our fans generate in the Europa League or Conference will crush anything a couple of Citoil fans can get going in the Champs Lge. :nerd_face:emphasised text

5 Likes

Yeah, the Europa League would take our legendary fans and the atmosphere they create to corners of Europe we haven’t conquered yet. It will be a great marketing opportunity.

And when those humble sods from Belarus or Kazakhstan step inside The Anfield, they will experience something they could only have imagined.

2 Likes

Looking at the group stages this year not one team from those places in fact the furthest are the likes of Cyprus which is very nice (by the way).

With the conference league you may see it but Europa unlikely.

In fact you have a short memory if you forget the atmosphere in the Dortmund and Villarreal Q/SF in Klopp’s first season.

5 Likes

You have taken it too literally, my friend. How often we play clubs that are regulars in Europa League, not very. While some of the EL clubs (Soceidad, Betis, Frankfurt, Leverkusen, Roma, Lazio, Lyon, Marseilles) have fans and atmospheres to match that of ours, it will be a novelty for clubs from Scandinavia, Alpine region, or the Balkans.

Point is, while EL doesn’t provide the financial stability, I see it as an opportunity to expand the reach of our brand.

I just see it as a good chance to win some silverware and an additional route back into the CL.

Hopefully the fixtures don’t create problems for us, but give us space to use the full squad with minimum risk.

2 Likes

If we are in the EL next season I’d just assign it as a development team tournament and focus the first team on the league and FA Cup as we could challenge for both.

Hard to judge exactly what the team would be as I think there will be a fair bit of churn just below first XI level but for example…

Kelleher
N. Williams Phillips R. Williams Tsimikas
Oxlade-Chamberlain Clarkson Cain
Elliott Origi Minamino

With… Pitaluga, Ojrzynski, Davies, van den Berg, Koumetio, Beck, Bradley, Quansah, Morton, Balagizi, Musialowski and Stewart able to fill in the squad.

Literally don’t care how far we get, just a chance to see what we have with some of the youngsters.

1 Like

As always, Pep adapts and sometimes these shifts he makes are overlooked as if he’s still doing the same thing with his sides he did in 2009 with his first Barca side. He does deserve credit for constantly problem solving and innovating. However, it absolutely has to be put in the context that 1) they have had no credible challenge for reasons that go beyond it simply being a down year for several teams, and 2) even their standard has not been that great…just better than everyone else’s.

4 Likes

We are going get hit by a fine anyhow, we might as well play the reserves and see how it goes and take the fine on a lesser tournament than miss out completely and take the fine on CL participation whenever that is.

1 Like

I gotta be honest with you I think England really disrespects the Europa League at times.

Yes I want us in the Champions League but I’d prefer us in the EL over nothing at all.