Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

If i remember that point was when city had played 2-3 games less than the rest of the league

2 Likes

We were clear by 5 I think even if all teams had played their games, I think City were further behind.

Edit: yeah just looked at the Palace match report City were 8 behind that day with a game in hand.

So yeah we were 5 ahead at least of everyone.

6 Likes

Will find it hilarious if Arsenal somehow just about comes back from the dead to overtake Spurs. Again.

Spursy. :joy:

10 Likes

That table can’t be correct? Everton aren’t in eighth spot. :+1::joy::nerd_face:

6 Likes

They won’t be after Sunday, they lose to City and Arsenal win.

5 Likes

That North London Trophy :trophy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I read in the paper that Levy had given the fans the worst possible places in the stadium, far up at the back so that they could have their enormous cash-cow sponsor banner close to the pitch. I got some sympathy for the Tottenham fans that reacted badly to that. Mind you, not saying that they normally have super atmosphere, but since you noticed, I felt like adding that there was a reason why there were no fans allowed close to the actual pitch, thus logically making the atmosphere even more sad than usual.

3 Likes

I was reading this morning that the end of game only a handful of Spurs players actually greeted the fans.

4 Likes
14 Likes

Go to say that although he is sometimes verbally a bit crude, and sometimes football-wise a bit crude, I find him a some what charming character. I smirked when I saw the interview he gave after the last match, raging about how his longball game is a myth and only a strategy he uses against certain teams and then the bit about how lucky we were to beat them (which honestly was rather true). What can I say, I like colourful people :smiley:
I would rather have Big Sam around in the league than a sarcastic snide Allan Pardew as an example.

6 Likes

Wow, brutal, and sounds like something Levy would do. I thought I was listening to stadium sound and that the fans were banned. I don’t think the cameras moved above the sponsors seating.

3 Likes

I’ll give Sam his due they were far more attacking than Burnley against us, Burnley only created anything due to our mistakes but WBA put a lot of pressure (though helped by Atkinson and his ref performance).

When people were going on about 10 behind the ball I didn’t see that on Sunday but I did with Dyche and it’s why I don’t buy the praise certain board members have for him.

Dwight Neill who by far is their only decent attacking player was very quiet mind, bit like the crowd who I think were worse than the fake noise.

As for Spurs we know financially they are in deep shit so doesn’t surprise me if Levy can squeeze every penny.

2 Likes

Liverpool are the cleanest side in the Premier League and are on track to claim the Fair Play award for a fifth season in succession. The Reds have not received a single red card in 2020/21 and have picked up the fewest yellow cards [38] in the division. #awlfc [mirror]

4 Likes

Which is a really nice title.
But adds to the view that we are too soft at times.
We rely on Milner who was never a hardman to put in the hard tackles, and as a result are prone to being a bit bullied, by teams and officials.
I would forego this lovely award for a bit of a mad bastard who would hunt for us.
Souness, Suarez etc

3 Likes

I would forego this lovely award for a bit of a mad bastard who would hunt for us.
Souness, Suarez etc
[/quote]
Me thinks Kabak would be a Souness type in a year or two
!

1 Like

Going harder (even if still controlled) into tackles increases the risk of injury exponentially for both tackled and tackling player. I think it’s clear something was happening more intensely on our training pitches than in our matches this year.

2 Likes

Leicester’s Wes Morgan will retire at the end of this season so he can concentrate on the pie eating championships, good luck to him.

8 Likes

He’s going to need it. Sam Allardyce takes a lot of beating.

8 Likes

Our lads
 :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes
8 Likes