Premier League 2021/22 Fixtures

I saw a documentary a while back and it was either Mourinho or Ferguson said that he couldn’t under stand people who thought games at the middle or end of the season were more important than the start…. It’s still the same 3 points on offer.

People mistakenly think that the games at the end of the season are more important though whereas in reality they are all as important as each other because on what’s on offer - 3 points

3 Likes

I bet City start against Cheltenham.

3 Likes

The fixtures around Christmas have been kind for us the last two years, something tells me we will go back to normal this year.

The Premier League ball for the 2021/22 season.

5 Likes

I know it’s only a ball but it’s actually quite nice

1 Like

Isn’t it top 6 plus rivals you don’t get sure I read that somewhere, I think the reason we got Arsenal that season because we dropped to 7th. Flip could happen this year.

Wrong!
The first match is extremely important for momentum. My moto is always score as then you know you can (score that is).
No it’s not as important as the last 6 games (if your in a position where those count) but it’s a/the start. Win, lose or draw that 1st goal really is important.

2 Likes

Ye I think it is like the top 6 or something but I would imagine that rivals such as Everton and arsenal to a certain degree would also be on that list.

Could be wrong and it could be too 6 and derby games only.

Point is there are definitely limits as to opening and closing games

I think it’s just Derby games, I think that’s why we played Arsenal that season. Otherwise you’ll be running out of teams

But Derby aren’t in the EPL are they? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes very much this. Like if we had only drawn the last game and missed out on 4th this year by some other combination of results, most people would blame it on not winning the last game instead of looking at the 9 games we lost earlier in the season.

3 Likes

Exactly.

Each game is 3 points.

Only difference is at the end of the season you have less opportunity to amend any fuck ups.

1 Like

A little over 12 hours

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Meh. All a bit Everton, celebrating the mensiversary of a goal.

1 Like

Norwich away

2 Likes

Opening round

Brantford v Arsenal
Burnley v Brighton
Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Everton v Southampton
Leicester v Wolves
Manure v Leeds
Newcastle v West Ham
Norwich v Liverpool
Spurs v Man Cheaty
Watford v Villa

2 Likes

Do all the teams play all the other teams both home and away?

2 Likes

Watch the Christmas fixtures, could get ugly for us.

18 – Tottenham Hotspur (A)
26 – Leeds United (H)
​28 – Leicester City (A)

January

1 – Chelsea (A)

1 Like

First game: Norwich (A)
Final game: Wolves (H)
Boxing Day: Leeds (H)
New Year’s Day: Chelsea (A)
Everton: Nov. 30 (A), April 23 (H)
Man United: Oct. 23 (A), March 19 (H)