Premier League 2021/22 Fixtures

Yeah, first thing I noticed, of course the blueshite will dress it all up as some sort of massive advantage to us.

Gutted the Anfield derby is so late in the season, wanted to abuse the cunt Pickford a lot sooner, although there’s always the possibility of relegating the twats.

3 Likes

Its lovely. No Adidas Tango mind, but lovely.

Last time we won the league we started against Norwich as well.

Just saying.

3 Likes

:frowning_face:

Leeds fans in the city on Boxing Day…!

1 Like

Wolves at home last game of the season should be a carnival…
They will already be relegated by then so nothing to play for…
Premier League presented pre or post match :thinking:

4 Likes

95% of those will change as per normal haha

1 Like
  • First = Norwich City (A)
  • First home = Burnley
  • Boxing day = Leeds (H)
  • Final day = Wolves (H)

The sequence between Boxing Day and January first will be exhausting: Leeds home, Leicester away and Chelsea away.
Derby days on November 30th (away) and April 23rd (home).

1 Like

It won’t be long now :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Looks like an easy 100 point season coming right up

Man Sliding GIF

4 Likes

I’ve never understood why people say fixtures don’t matter because you play every time twice.

It’s always worth looking at your early fixtures as key. If you can get off to a good start with a reasonable early run of fixtures, you can be in good form and loads of confidence by the time trickier ties come around.

5 Likes

Yep the timing of fixtures is key.

Man City is always key as it’s a 6 pointer - and the timing of that fixture always plays a role. Win an early season match against them is always a good glove to land. Late in the season when it’s tight in terms of league positions, and it’s a stressful affair.

But the timing of the fixtures are one part of many important variables, including squad health (injuries), form, progression in cup competitions etc.

From my glance at the fixture list, it’s a pretty kind run for us. Don’t appear to have any period where you think “ooooft that’ll be a shit month”

Just like last season, you mean? :thinking:

We were top at Christmas and then it all fell apart; nothing to do with the order of our fixtures at all. The only thing that matters is the form of our team.

5 Likes

Well, City getting Spurs would seem to back that up. Not top 6 and not deemed to be rivals, so it seems. As for the ‘no derby’ mentioned by someone, that doesn’t seem to count as there’s a London derby; Chelsea v. Palace.

As for us, I wonder if we’re in for another goal bonanza with the opposition almost scoring as many as us.

2 Likes

December looks tough

It looks like our toughest period forsure, but even then focusing on the tougher ones;

Spurs (A) - they will be without Kane, under a new manager - never an easy fixture but not the toughest

Leeds (H) - goals goals goals - could win 4-3, could lose 3-4, but if our CBs are fit, we don’t concede so many. Leeds probably without Rodrigyo.

Leicester (A) - they’ll show great character

Chelsea (A) (1 Jan) - this is the hardest of that period.

But as I said in my previous post, there are lots of variables - if we go into this period out of form or with injuries, we’re potentially fucked. if it goes like last season or the season before, we are top at Christmas.

Same here! Imagine having to face the likes of Man City and Man United before and after travelling away to Shakthar or Galatasaray…

I tend to judge teams by their performance over Christmas and New Year period - teams that do well during that period tend to accomplish their goals for that season. I could be wildly wrong, my memory’s not the best, but I’m pretty sure that Man United won 12/12 points under Ferguson whenever they won the title in this century, Man City did it under Guardiola and Pellegrini… Liverpool had between 9/12 and 12/12 whenever the team qualified for CL under Rafa and Klopp, 12/12 when the title was won… I think only Rodgers is the exception here, 6/12 but he had to play away to Man City and Chelsea during that period and referees didn’t help him at Man City.

I think our run in last 6 games is good. With the Bitters fixture in the middle to keep the motivation up. Could be a good season, if all goes well.

emm…

Well lets just say some play the newly promoted teams when they are fresh and new and haven’t been worked out/worn down and others play the mid table plonkers when they are already mentally on holidays from about mid March. Some get a nice Christmas travel schedule and a lot of easy cup draws and others have to deal with VAR bullshit.

But the most important thing - which makes everything else totally fair and the playing field absolutely level - is that all play each team both home and away.

1 Like

Looks like a nice set of fixtures to me, only one period that potentially looks quite tricky. Chelsea have a nasty start and United have an awful run around Autumn with CL fixtures to contend with as well.