Premier League 2021/22 Fixtures

All other PL teams are looking at the fixture list and exclaiming “what do you mean we have to play Liverpool TWICE??!”

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN
TWICE, FFS.

1 Like

That gif just never gets old

1 Like

They wish they could play all their games at Anfield. Wouldn’t be surprised if they start sending scouts to look at the crowd and see if they can learn how to make their piped music more ‘authentic’.

1 Like

An Anfield without the crowd though, mate. With the fans in there, it’s a completely different matter.

Thus, they’ll all be hoping for a massive third wave, which they hopefully won’t get. :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

I’m not bothered with them, fixtures over Christmas are always a bit odd and is made up for the fact we have only 2 league fixtures in January when we may lose a number of our key players and they aren’t the hardest.

In fact that list and the way it’s arranged is quite positive.

Need to pick the home points up mind. As for newly promoted teams, Norwich aren’t too different from the side who went down. Rather that than Brentford first up. And Leeds were beating Man City in Feb last season?

1 Like

Palace aren’t the closest of rivals to Chelsea, after all their main rivalry is Brighton.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d imagine it would get a bit ridiculous if they were unable to draw London clubs against each other early on, considering how many of them there are.

Chelsea v Fulham is the big West London rivalry, which for obvious reasons won’t be a factor this season.

1 Like

Probably also want to keep Chelsea vs Westham apart. Just in general.

I think April is the make or break month for us in terms of the PL. Normally I’d say Jan/Feb but we don’t really have a run of really trick fixtures soooo, we just need to keep our ship in order until (late March and) April and we should be there or there about. I reckon we will be stronger around the turn of the year this year than last and there isn’t an ugly away game (apart from Chelsea) followed by another trick fixture in succession to exasperate any percolating/festering injury or form issues…

p.s. obviously assuming we don’t get devastating injuries and don’t screw up the normally good start we get and/or have a refs final march to war against us…

I like that the first home game is against Burnley, the team who broke our undefeated home record. Bit of extra incentive there for what is normally one of the duller fixtures of the season. The home game against City is too early and the away game is too late. I’d prefer it to be the other way round.

Looks as though the only games the AFCON interferes with are Brentford at home and Palace away, possibly Leicester at home on Feb 9th but only if Senegal or Egypt make the final. Other than that it’s just the FA Cup, which we don’t care about and possibly the League Cup semis which I doubt will involve us. Not too bad in the circumstances.

1 Like

If we get the Man City type draws for the FA Cup we might progress.

However we won’t.

Burnley first game with a full Anfield it will be anything but dull

Does it effect AFCON players in anyway? Positive, negative or no change?

Matches against Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea each are shifted by one day later. More rest/training time between Leeds (moved to earlier time) and Leicester (moved to later time) matches.

1 Like

They get told they’re not the messiah, they just very naughty boys.

Apart from that, no

1 Like

Not too bothered about that and the Chelsea one is a bit of a bonus, Thursday kick off meh but other than that fine. Kind of glad to get the Boxing game done early plus it’s home so it’s not an issue for the majority of fans.

1 Like