Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

City vs Chelsea in Saturday early kick off. City don’t play in midweek while Chelsea have the second leg of the League Cup semi.

Everton v Leicester City on Tuesday postponed. PL says Leicester does not enough players due to covid, injury and Africa Cup of Nations.

2 Likes

Game postponed because of covid, injury, suspension, ACN and some of them wanting to watch Eastenders

Can’t really see that happening considering we lose the Brazilians and Minimino at the same time which means we have 7 players lost to international football. They cancel games for less in the lower league for teams. I noticed they haven’t rearranged any for that period yet. It’s an international break not a winter break.

My concern was that week between the PL games but I think it would only require 3 injuries (Thiago, Elliott already are two squad players and Robbo probably makes three).

3 Likes

I’m not hearing anything from Hoddle and Danny Mills about this. They had enough to say about the Arsenal came being postponed.

7 Likes

Stop the count.

New owners at Southampton definitely need to back Hasenhuttl because he’s basically keeping them out of trouble with his style, squeezing every drop of that limited playing squad. Now we see why ex-owners didn’t back him enough, they were obviously more focused on selling the club. It’s not like they’re totally comfortable, because of their wilder style of play, but he really needs some injection of better individual quality again for them to avoid dropping into trouble in the near future.

1 Like

Perhaps its the other way round- they didn’t have the cash to back him, which led to them to selling up?

Respect for BHA :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

:clap: Good to see from Brighton, sadly Justice seems beyond thanks to various governments and others in the past 30 years but this would be fitting change to the law.

2 Likes

18 games have been postponed so far. Only SIX have been rescheduled, but none played yet. One of the rescheduled games, Leicester vs Everton, has been postponed again. Things are going to be really messy.

1 Like

They will have to put some in CL and European weeks where they can.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they have to extend the season. There is no international tournament in the summer so it’s a possibility.

It would be a nightmare, as the schedule for this season and next has already had to be adjusted to accommodae the world cup next Dec.

3 Likes

The summer break is curtailed for Qatar2022 in Nov-Dec :innocent:

Going have some schedules that will be Saturday, Tuesday, Friday type runs a bit like Man Utd last season.

They’ve left no gaps at all and thankfully some sense was seen about FÃ Cup replays being scrapped which I think generally was a good thing and was showed.

Southampton 3-1 v Brentford.
Edit its 4-1.

4-1 now. Brentford is awful.

I hope they play like this at weekend.

It was our defence that was the issue against Brentford, probably the worst I’ve seen us.