Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Tell me it’s not bloody fixed :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Having said that I still remember how the blueshite downed tools against City in 2015. So who knows if the peno would have gone in or not

It is fixed…we know it…they know it…even the tons knew it today…lets see how many times…we change tack on the handball rules…

1 Like

Simple. Remember the penalty against Wolves that hit the wolves defender under the armpit? This was a way way more blatant penalty than that

3 Likes

Swap the green for sky blue and it looks about right.

Maybe we should start wearing long sleeves exclusively.

1 Like
9 Likes

Not the first time it happened. Won’t be the last time it happens. We should move on for now.

Best thing about it is that it happened against Everton. One point above relegation zone.

Can we invade VAR?

2 Likes

Should’ve asked me earlier Craig, I’ll get on the phone to Putin now.

I dunno, a few hours ago everyone was expecting them to roll over and get battered, so the result shouldn’t change anything anyway except the goal difference advantage remaining intact.

2 Likes

Yeah I think the positive to take is the fact it was 1-0.

3 Likes

Bielsa fired by Leeds, Jesse Marsch taking over.

2 Likes

I reckon you had that all typed out this afternoon and have been sitting by your computer since then just waiting to press enter :rofl:

4 Likes
1 Like

I was actually surprised no one mentioned it before - it was tweeted out by Talksport over an hour ago!

Get the teams back to take the penalty then.

2 Likes

That’s appalling, I wish they would just stuck to their guns.

1 Like

We all knew it was a pen…how cheaty can you get…

So we looked at it and thought it wasn’t a pen and then thought to ourselves we will just go back and check after having a brew and now think it is a pen. Eeeer, whoops?

2 Likes

Oh dear…oh dear…lets see how they wriggle out of this one then…

Bielsa’s Leeds are always going to concede, but at least with Bamford they posed some degree of threat the other way, so it wasn’t as easy for teams to sit back and wreck them on the break.

I haven’t seen much of Gelhardt, but maybe Bielsa should be playing him up top; at least that frees up Danny James, who’s doing an admirable job, but is clearly the squarest of pegs.

Phillips’ poor form or not pre-injury is neither here nor there. He’s a big part of that team, as is Cooper.

They were nowhere this bad with Phillips and Cooper in the side, not to mention Bamford. Few teams are going to perform at the same level without arguably their three most important players.

Even despite this awful run, they’re not in the bottom three. I’m definitely a Bielsa fan-boy, I admit, but I see him as by far their best chance of staying in the league.

Worth remembering, he and the majority of his coaching staff only sign one year rolling contracts, and I believe they each have a guillotine clause that would be activated if Bielsa were fired.

Edit. Haha. Well, nevermind. Just seen he’s gone.