Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Liverpool-United is off, we play FA cup football in that weekend, 19/20 March.

2 Likes

I am sure they will move the United game to April 19/20 in midweek before we play Everton.

To be fair to them we don’t have many other spaces if we go all the way to the final of the other two completions.

I think there is one week free which is the final one before the season end that could be used if we were to go the final of the FA Cup and CL. Every FA Cup round now clashes with a league weekend.

2 Likes

I reckon the week after.

Give the bitters a free pass to kick the shit out of us then have to follow that playing the scum when none of our lads are fit

Would be a Champions League week.

That’s never stopped them in the past if it means they get to screw us over

Think it means that they literally cannot, under the rules, schedule that game for that week provided we’re still in the Champions League.

2 Likes

Yup, I know some refs do screw us over but that is taking a conspiracy a bit far.

If you have a week free it will be that week, that one the week before is free so it’s 9/10 going be then with the other option the last week or two of the season.

1 Like

I refer my honorable friend back to the 2019 season when we played 2 games in 2 days in 2 differnet continents

If they have the chance to screw us over, the FA and P/L will grasp it with both hands

I don’t disagree, but I think (although someone else may correct me if I’m wrong, looking at you @Kopstar), that they can’t do so because of the rules of the competitions.

When have the rules ever ment anything to them?

Everton against Shitty last weekend is a case in point - clear handball but the goal allowed to stand to favour Shitty

Pretty sure you’re right that they can’t schedule a league game midweek if it clashes with a champions league gameweek.

1 Like

There was an explicit agreement between the leagues and UEFA that CL fixture windows would be protected, but that ended several years ago. I don’t know if that was ever extended beyond there being an ongoing gentleman’s agreement to continue the practice, but UEFA have explicitly said they will overlook the expectation in these covid affected seasons.

1 Like

Yes, but what about an explicit clash in scheduling for a particular club? I think there were Premier League games played last week during the Champions League evenings, but both clubs were uninvolved in European games I think?

1 Like

That is going to be purely up the PL.

1 Like

Firstly there was no other space to play the league cup game, that was the football league if there was no space then we may have to play a Tuesday and a Thursday.

Sky won’t be able to show a PL game on a Tuesday or Wednesday of a CL week and they won’t let the ability to show this game pass. But I refer back to what I said previous we played on two different continents because the football league didn’t want to delay their league cup semi finals.

The PL will find the best possible slot and that is the free week before the Everton game, otherwise they are also screwing over Man Utd who may also play in that CL week.

Not every decision is aimed at screwing Liverpool football club over, we just sound odd if we say that. It may take place in that last week of the season but I expect it will be that free week. What I guarantee is it won’t be a CL week.

1 Like

Southampton quietly putting together a nice run of form.

1 Like

From 1:08, genius. Wouldn’t disagree with the team either. Jesus…

3 Likes

So, what if we just offer Man U a 2-0 defeat? They would avoid the embarrassment of another thrashing and could protect their goal difference, which could be vital in their struggle for a Europa League spot.
Great solution for all concerned :wink:

1 Like

If we make the semi final of the FA Cup our game against Villa away on April 16th will also be moved.

If we play Everton in the semi final it would mean we play them twice in the space of a few days.

If we play City in the CL and the FA Cup it would mean we play them in 4 games in the space of 13 days - bring it on :joy:

6 Likes