Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Carra and Neville commenting on City’s lack of forward options. Sterling and Jesus :thinking:

1 Like

He also had a moment towards the end where he seemed to enjoy getting under the skin of Grealish.

It was an oddly petulant performance from City. Lots of gesticulations to each other, and complaints to the refs over nothing. I know I totally over analyse these things, but this is still completely in City’s hands…avoid defeat to us and win their other 8 games and they are champs. This did not look the reaction of a team during the game or after the final whistle who believed that.

6 Likes

Thank goodness you stayed away mate!

If we win our next two games (hopefully we will), City is surely going to feel pressure, coming two points down to the Turf Moor on a (probably) cold, rainy April afternoon …

1 Like

I think it is the fact that they’ve let a huge lead slip. 14 points potentially down to 1 by Wed. It feels a bit like us in 18/19. Well ahead at one point and then gradually being reeled in. That feeling that it was slipping away from us was terrible. It must be in their heads, like it was in ours back then.

Also tonight it just wasn’t their night. When Silva missed from 3 yards they must have realised they weren’t going to score. They will be hard to stop if they get a top striker in. It is still in their own hands but it’s also now in ours. Just the 10 wins will do it.

2 Likes

I get pissed off every time I see this too!!!

1 Like

Yet the thing I take almost as much positivity out of compared to the result itself was their reaction was not to say "we just had a chance to score from 3 yards out…just go and get on the ball again and lets create another chance. They petulantly starting botching to each other.

Cracking up is too strong, but they dont look totally right.

1 Like

Thank you Palace ,it is in our hands now!

2 Likes

Nice - doesn’t really change the math though. Still have to beat City…

Can just afford a crap draw somewhere else.

Happy City blinked first though, we are well in this title chase.

3 Likes

But I thought City was inevitable…?

WELL PLAYED!

Ok, going to stop typing like grandparents now.

1 Like

Good that they aren’t facing Brighton now. Brighton’s form has been piss poor of late. Hopefully Southampton gets one over them in the FA Cup. That will be when the wheels truly start coming off.

1 Like

Swat Cbs GIF by CBS

2 Likes

Buying the media is what City do.

1 Like

Not entirely.

Not while the likes of Attwell, Kavanagh, Tierney, Atkinson and Taylor are about. They all have plenty of form. After the Brighton game my position on the corruption involved changed somewhat.
I used to think the likes of Webb, Coote and Atkinson fucked us over because they had a dislike of our club/city and the cabal of manc referees did it for the same reasons but with the Liverpool/Manchester rivalry ramping it up even more.
Now I think there might be more to it. I can’t think why the likes of Kavanagh and Attwell would expose themselves as clearly corrupt just to fuck over a football club they dislike. There comes a point where the incentives for doing it in plain view outweigh the ridicule they receive.

1 Like

I don’t want to make this about refs again but Taylor’s last game for us was an excellent display at the Merseyside Derby (in fact though one game it’s one of the best performances from a ref in the derby).

Atkinson fucked up on Diaz but with what he could see and what the replay showed, Attwell should be stepping in and saying go look at the monitor at least. The rest of the game was again very good and I’m sure Tiernay or Kav wouldn’t have given that penalty.

Some make mistakes and some are crap and then some like Kav, Tiernay and Coote are dodgy (mind you even the latter gave us everything in that Preston cup tie I do wonder if he is also just really shit).

1 Like

They are explicitly NOT allowed to use the monitor in that way. They can only instruct them to use the monitor if their description of events is contradicted by the footage.

1 Like

So Mike Dean must have told Atwell he saw Sanchez absolutely clean out Diaz?

1 Like

Thing is we don’t know what is said though do we, Dean says there was a collision doesn’t look like a fault then Attwell turns around and goes yup that’s what happened but once you look at it on replay a bit of a careless collusion actually looks rather deliberate.

As Sanchez does take out Diaz but only on replay does it show his leg come up and his arm come down which to me makes it deliberate rather than those follow through. The goalie isn’t stopping and they are going collide and the ball is there to be won.

It’s the actions you see on the replay that make it a red from a yellow, Dean is wrong not to give a yellow but if he quite clearly tells Attwell what happened then I’d be shocked.

1 Like

I thought it was Mike Dean?

1 Like