Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

8 month ban for doing what every advert during a game tells you to.

He deserves the ban but the Premier League should be looking at itself and what it encourages in its audience. This shit literally destroys people’s lives.

11 Likes

I’m betting there’s an appeal process and he gets it reduced. :thinking:

1 Like

He needs to contact Man City and ask them if they can recommend a good lawyer.

3 Likes

They’ve got Johnson’s which I’m not sure particularly works well.

If football wasn’t so connected to the betting industry I’d understand but they do know this carries a risk, the kids a fool for doing it but I don’t think it should carry as much of a issue if say the bets are on the Dutch league.

1 Like

I thought the PL had made an edict to get the betting sponsorships off shirts by some deadline.

Brighton should be super motivated to beat Newcastle tonight. Not only does it keep things interesting for us, it also mean they themselves are still in a chance to go into CL. To me, if Newcastle and Manures get replaced by us and Seagulls in the last games for CL, that would not just a miraculous come back for us but as big a bottling by these 2 teams as Arsenal bottling their challenge for the crown.

3 Likes

Not sure if Brighton can go ‘all in’ tonight. Spurs/Villa can still catch them in the table and send them to ECL.

I’m sure Brighton would take a draw tonight.

I’d love a draw tonight.

Well …no-one got it right. It is Lewis Dunk of course…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We would still need them to either draw their final 2 games after that or lose 1 of those final 2 games.Brighton are probably the only team left to play them who have a chance to beat them.I’m hoping for a win for Brighton.

1 Like

Two draws and one win for Newcastle and we could catch them by goal difference or even by more goals scored if we have the same GD.

1 Like

Out of Newcastles 3 remaining games I only see them possibly dropping points tonight - but can Brighton put in 2 great performances in 4 days?
They have Leicester at home after which is 3 points and then a Chelsea team away who haven’t turned up all season.

1 Like

Trying to predict who will win and lose in this league is very difficult. Newcastle and Man Utd aren’t particularly great sides - they are bith capable of winning out, they are bith capable of losing all their games. So are we.

7 Likes

Perfectly feasible that Chelsea could beat them last game of the season.

1 Like

For GD to come into play we have to score 5 more goals than they do in 2 games without conceeding any ourselves.I know we like to do things the hard way but couldn’t we just hope for a Brighton win instead.

He would have been my pick

We can still hope for approximately 9 hours and 16 minutes.

A Brighton win tonight almost knocks out the equation on GD which I would prefer.

Villa will be tight and I assume Soton will want to show for their fans.

If it’s a draw tonight then fair enough, a loss and you can probably start planning for Thursday nights

3 Likes

People seem to be thinking Utd are shoe in since they beat Wolves. The fact remains that they need to win 2 of their last three games, to make it three of their last four. Not something that their form suggests will be easy. Newcastle dropped points against leads last time out, just shows nothing can be taken for granted.

I’m remaining eternal optimistic until it’s mathematically impossible.

2 Likes

If we have +3 GD and the barcodes have -3 GD through our respective remaining games then that’d be a 6 goal swing in our favour wouldn’t it? :thinking::nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Premier League 2022/23 (Part 2).