Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

Envelope

2 Likes

BBC update says unequivocally it was offside. Im going to need to see that again to understand how, especially as it it was flagged by the lino rather than called y VAR

It will be soon :grin:

I thought they were supposed to let the play continue, in case a goal is scored and then let VAR look at it.

1 Like

It was offside, we have the best linesmans and officials to judge these calls.

Now whens this dodgy City pen coming?

100% it wasnt offside. Phil wasnt off and Watkins played the ball backwards. Absolutely awful flag from the lino.

They just showed it againā€¦dreadfull decision

19:16

Post update

Aston Villa 1-1 Man City

A replay suggests Philippe Coutinho was actually onside when the pass came in for his disallowed goal.

But because the referee blew the whistle before he shot, it couldnā€™t be checked by VAR.

What utter tosh

1 Like

I donā€™t think Gerrard will be too happy, when he sees that after the game.

FMD

Gobble gobble

Didnā€™t look too impressed in real time.

Best league in the world, aye? Doesnā€™t matter if the refs are absolute garbage.

1 Like

Just four mins added :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So a 96th min pen then?

Well played Stevie and Villa :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Egg on my face.

I like it. Tastes great.

Thatā€™s one hell of a point.

1 Like

Travesty that.

Villa perfectly good second goal from Coutinho. Useless lino and ref

2 Likes

Couple of weeks off for De Bruyne and Haaland (not that Iā€™m wishing them anything bad mind) and they will struggle more than us currently.

Second time in a week :roll_eyes:

Another game City require favourable refereeing decisions to come away with the point(s).

So much for them being unstoppable.

6 Likes

Credit to Villa did well and shows this league is more open.

Bournemouth were smashed last week and yet 2-0 down and fight back for 3-2. Villa are robbed from a win but still get a point against the ā€œunstoppableā€ Man City.

Will Arsenal win the title again or will Ten (eight) Hagā€™s keep his Hagā€™s alive.