Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

Brendan is a dead man walking. His team are pretty awful. He was taking all the credit for the signings they made a couple seasons ago when he had little to do with it and after his utterings last week it’s obvious he’s trying to slither out of any blame once again.

I remember a lot of panicking because we had injury problems with midfielders, sound familiar? Where things got so bad we were starting Morton against Spurs away?

Funny you should mention that because we drew against a 10-man Chelsea, then Brentford, and Manchester City within our first 7 games and the sky was falling in. We then went on to beat an absolute shite team 5-0 before crumbling to a 2-2 draw against Brighton and then losing to West Ham United when this forum was going into a meltdown.

Mané was also starting the season terribly, many thought that he wasn’t worth a contract extension and that we should sell him while he was still worth something – which we did.

In the latter half of the season, when we made up the lost ground?

People have been saying this for the last couple of seasons now, still hasn’t happened. For all the talk about Milner, our play with and without him hasn’t been significantly different except from when we play right back where his physical differences from Alexander-Arnold are especially accentuated.

two draws with an unusually high sprinkling of reds, yellows and niggly injuries would be my preferred outcome.

Rodgers really has a thing for playing midfielders at cb.

Deary me Danny boy lol.

Ndidi telling Ward to fuck off, good to see the togetherness is as strong as ever.

I think surely Potter has to be recognized as a very good manager with the number of players they bought on the cheap and develop them into very good players…Cucurella, Caicedo, Lamptey, Bissouma etc…and playing very good football for a side built relatively cheaply…

I disagree. In either position his lack of pace is now being… well let’s not beat about the bush, it’s being destructive to how we move with and without the ball. With it we’re as slow as fuck without him and slower than fuck with him while without it he’s been scampered around and played past as if he wasn’t there and he has no pace to recover.

He’s a quality gent, Milner, and he’s been a great servant for us and grew into one of my favourite players for his ability, heart and leadership skills but this is quite patently a season too far for his physique.

2-2

Not sure why played that pass but wow.

Daka pace there, and a nice finish.

Tielemans…

2 Likes

Yeah, on the money that.

I think if Leicester loses this one, Rodgers is gone. This has been pretty much a story of Rodgers reign of Leicester. At least a couple of seasons, they have been in position for European places until the last leg of the season and just could not manage to mentally bring it over the line. This game although still plenty of time, is a reflection, started well and just fell apart spectacularly. The owners have given him decent backing pretty much in transfers so hopefully at 2-2 now… if they can go on to get a win, then it might kickstart the season for them…afterall i think they have good players on paper in the squad.

Still don’t see Leicester getting anything here. Brighton by far the better team.

Not just the pace. Daka’s first touch. Perfection.

A reminder Leicester do have quality players. That defending, though. Abysmal. Butter in their own box. And Ward’s a calamity waiting to happen.

Should just drill defense in training. Offense will happen on its own.

If Rogers somehow gets a result here, it could be a good thing for the players on the pitch to call each other shit and clear tbe air.

Don’t quite understand Brendan’s set-up. Maddison should be further forward, Tielemans is often the furthest forward midfielder, and Harvey Barnes seems to be the LCM.

Maybe he saw Klopp’s second half formation and decided to do something similar.

Yeah more I read of Pep’s book the more I realise that if I’m honest there is a fair bit of similarity with last season.

Yes they did, but they’ve still dropped points.

I’m already bored of people claiming they’re unstoppable because of Haaland. They’re not. They’re not getting 98 or 100 points again this season, they’ve had much better squads than this one.

They’ll still probably win the league because of how we’re playing, but they’re not as good as we were last season

2 Likes

Other than the Chelsea draw, do you ever remember us having extended goalscoring problems?

The gripe last season was that unless we produce a significant lead (as we did in the title winning season) City would kick in and start winning scads of matches in a row. Our defensive balance wasn’t right (which is actually worse this season).

This season we are generally at a loss as to where our regular supply of goals are gonna come from.

1 Like

Looks like he’s carrying Leicester again. Not bad for a fat guy who’s given up.

Have you been watching this season? Hendo is regularly getting overrun, being harassed out of possession, this is not even a matter of opinion. And Milner was still a liability in midfield, as he was when he started at Man U.