Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

Bad ebening.

Cheating prick

1 Like

Jack the turf magnet fooling the officials again. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Now that their financial misdeeds are out in the open City reveling in it.

We’re here.
Been cheating for years.
Deal with us!

1 Like

Disappointed in Kelly calling Grealish clever and Roy (even though he referenced Tom Daly) not calling out a clear cheating dive

All being rather chummy n friendly…being very careful what they say…kissing the cheaty badge n bottom…

1 Like

Are they playing with Mahrez and Grealish practically as wing backs and Bernardo as left quarterback/midfielder?

:joy: :heart_eyes:

Leeds and Manchester United condemn ‘unacceptable’ tragedy chants | Leeds United | The Guardian
" The Premier League said it was treating “tragedy chanting” as a “matter of urgency” after extremely unsavoury behaviour inside Elland Road by Leeds and Manchester United fans prompted a joint statement of condemnation from the clubs.

Although Erik ten Hag praised the atmosphere during Manchester United’s 2-0 win, he had apparently not heard the chants just before half-time. Leeds supporters sang about the Munich air disaster in 1958 in which eight Manchester United players were among the 23 who died. Travelling fans responded with a similarly moronic song regarding the events of 2000 in Istanbul when two Leeds supporters died."

‘A matter of urgency’ yet LFC fans have had to endure the Hillsborough chants for decades without any significant action.
The FA really are a useless bunch of cunts.

4 Likes

Many wrongs do not make one right. And for these idiots whether they are making such disgraceful chants trampling on lost lives because of a Football match or to racist chants, I believe the authorities have to be strong handed. A club whose fans make these chants, should be docked points or something that hurts them rather than just fines. And how that helps? Because if the majority of fans who are there in the stadium, genuinely care about the club, then they should be the first responders to weed out these offenders there and then and rat them out. The silent majority are pointless. When those chants were going on, were those beside them truly think it was just harmless banter? If they hear these on the streets, would they think similar? I always wonder why in a stadium, everything becomes trivialized?

2 Likes

Yet how do you determine whose fans those are? It’d be quite easy for say, a City fan to masquerade as an Arsenal fan (apart from that the former don’t actually exist) start chanting abhorrent against City players on Wednesday to get Arsenal docked points.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

An easy way to stop that, would be if rival fans are caught trying to blame other clubs, then the punishment is doubled.

IE. Man City fan poses as Arsenal fan to start abhorrent chants against Shitty to have them docked 3 points, but gets found out, so tha 3 point punishment is doubled and put onto Shitty. With social media, it would not be hard to find out what team anyone actually supports as pics and internet browser usage will quickly show who they follow.

At this point in time , I’m for just banning them. A public announcement from the club to all travelling fans that any such chants in future will be met with an away fans ban.

4 Likes

I think it would be easy to spot one or two fans who you could ban and a whole load. It was audible at times before Sky clamped it. This is not just fans trying to trick the authorities.

My thoughts as well just need a bunch off the opposition fans to get in amongst them and sing abhorrent songs

Most grounds you could tell.

Man City might have an issue, mind you just send a photo to the University and threaten them with disciplinary action :wink:

Well worth a read for anyone with FT access…

2 Likes

Definitely will have this problem. Any punishments or penalties are not going to be perfect and will not weed out every single issue. But the authorities have a chance to send out a message that they are serious. Yeah we take a serious view of racism or vile chants but all we do is to give a warning to clubs. If I am a match going fan and if previously I had not care when these chants are being chanted, then knowing that my club is going to be docked points, then suddenly I might just start caring and actively rat out these people. We might get it wrong in some cases but we have never gotten it right all these while about these chants and behaviour, not just in England but in plenty of European stadiums.

1 Like

It is pretty much last chance saloon here.

Government and football need to regulate otherwise the league will collapse on the whims of state disruptions. Chelsea was a precursor and he was just linked to Putin.

You seriously think in which the state of regulation and procedural justice is such that Man City could get away with blatant cheating under the UEFA regulations by de facto arguing that they had successfully impeding the UEFA investigation long enough to get out of the statute of limitations could possibly implement a rule like that? It would be a lawyers’ field day.

Clubs can a do get punished for fans behaviour, so would merely be an extention of that.

Also, Shitty play in England, so fall under English law, if they don’t like it, they can fuck off and play in non-league or some other country that allows them to do their dodgy shit

2 Likes