Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

finn balor fainting GIF by WWE

Frenkie De Jong after being told he’s being forced to join Utd.

watching the Brentford celebrations has been fun. They deserve it.

2 Likes

Hats off to Brentford. They were only up against a relegation struggler, but they disposed of them very professionally.
Thomas Frank has done a great job down there.

6 Likes

Love how Gary keeps referring to Martinez as, “5ft9 Martinez”

Cracks me up.

3 Likes

Redknapp going in at Neville hard looool.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.”

1 Like

He can’t be forced to join Utd.

Barca are legally required to continue paying him under the contractual obligations unless he decides to move.

The other option they have is to pay out the full length of the contract, but by doing that they are releasing him so he is free to choose whoever he wants, who Barca want him to join means fuck all

1 Like

Yeah even if this contract is dodgy (it won’t be), all it would mean is he becomes free. He evidently won’t go there.

1 Like

I actually feel sorry for ten Haag, he’s actually a stand up guy that’s been overwhelmed by the task at hand and I think he’s quickly realising that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/vfdida/status/155853425549559398

G’wannn Jamie lad, have him.

The same eight-Haag that basically told Ragnick to fuck off instead of taking some time to benefit from the latters’ experience with this bonfire car-crash of a team?

Nah, he’s a big boy. No sympathy here.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Not so sure it was Ten Hag that made that call about Ragnick. I believe that decision was made in March after Ralf bagged the board about lack of signings in January and told them that the squad basically needed to be fucked off totally with 10 new signings needed

3 Likes

Deleted.

What did it say??

1 Like

It was hardly top quality advice frankly… anyone could tell you that.

Only because those recommendations would mean those in power getting the arse, along with most of the players.

He proposed a complete overhaul and rebuild, so even those on the board were looking shakey

Exactly. My United-supporting mates go apoplectic when I just smile kindly and express how sorry I feel for them.

6 Likes

All talk in Manchester at the time was Eric wanted him out.

Its tough to establish authority when it looks like you’re taking your cues from someone else. However, anyone who has paid even the slightest bit of attention could tell you the problem is not just that the players arent good enough, but that there is something rotten about the club. Not being even willing to listen to the relatively impartial perspectives of the guy who had spend the last 6 months wading through that rottenness was hubris that is now biting him on the arse. Yes he’s been let down by the new backroom team, but they also seemingly gave him some leeway to bring in his own players. Importantly, one of whom still hasnt started a game. Maybe had he got info from Ralf in April he would have approached dealing with Murtaugh differently and he could have prioritized his own targets differently.

2 Likes

Nah, his sacking was nailed on before Ten Hag was appointed, but the board kept him on to make it look like it was Ten Hag that made the call, but the board made that decision after getting called out for not buying a striker in January

1 Like

Apparently Steve McClaren told Ronaldo at the full time whistle to go over to the Utd fans but instead he ran down the tunnel. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes