Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

Yet he’s brought 2 players over with him (I know one is from Feyenoord rather than Ajax, but they will be grouped together as a perception of him only being able to view players he already knew or knew of). If they dont perform it will be considered a blight on the manager. Possibly justifiably so given how focused they have appeared on targets from Holland.

1 Like

They will give him enough time, he will have to be in a worse place than Ole. I think he won’t do that bad

2 Likes

I don’t think United will be as bad as everyone thinks. I reckon Haag will get them playing better than last season where they finished 6th in a league where nobody seemed to want to finish 4th.

He may well finish 6th again, but I think United will be in an actual race for 4th place rather than just being in with a shout because of how badly everyone else fell to pieces.

3 Likes
3 Likes

What I got from this really, is that Everton are shite.

1 Like

You needed to read an article to come to that conclusion?

sad mr. mackey GIF by South Park

I’m a data person, we need hard data as evidence…

But last season’s league table already showed that…

Were going to start hard and win it this season, the boys look hungry as fuck.

1 Like

I am so looking forward to the new season. Think we’ve done our homework since may and have what it takes to deliver another phenomenal season.

City on the other hand - I doubt they are able to replicate what they have done last season.

I think the biggest disappointment is that City have what looks to be a pretty frienly August. West Ham away on the opening day might be a challenge, but other than that it’s a run of games so friendly you ordinarily wouldnt even check the scores. Assuming they need some time to play themselves into form, that run of fixtures might give them the time to do it without dropping any points.

2 Likes

Probably the best time for some of them to play them then.

Spurs wouldn’t have done the double if they had played them a month later under Nuno.

Bournemouth are having a worryingly quiet window.

Short squad and not much activity/improvement so far, we’ll see if they will be the “obvious” candidate to be in most trouble this season.

Didn’t they just sign that Tavanier lad from Boro’?

Think they’ll come back in for Nat if I’m honest.

They did.

Tavernier, Rothwell and Fredericks are the only players in so far. With 3-4 seniors who left the club.

Their first team squad looks a bit thin in quality and numbers on paper.

Bournemouth definitely biggest favorite to go down. Fulham not far off.

Think Saints could struggle, as well as Leeds.

Latest changes

1 Like

"I think the situation we ended with has given the sport some challenges we’ve got to meet. Ultimately, there wasn’t an owners’ and directors’ test when Abramovich took ownership of Chelsea, so I suppose the answer to the question is, had there been that in place what would have happened and what safeguards we need to build in for the future?

Given you’ve just let the Saudis buy Newcastle I’ll make a guess at “No, the owners test wouldnt have stopped Roman buying Chelsea.”

8 Likes

Yeah some very short memories, it was clear how Roman made his money but no one cared when Putin was the west’s friend.

6 Likes

Dick Master living up to his name.