Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

Just remember that decision when they finish one point ahead of us again in May.

3 Likes

Oh god I cannot stop laughing :joy:

Yes I couldn’t believe it he handled the ball 3 times with both arms and hands Ian wright on motd couldn’t believe VAR didn’t get involved
It appears for both Manchester clubs a few of the basic rules do not apply

1 Like

I just want a manager to come and out and flat out say during a post interview “We will never see correct decisions in football again?”

2 Likes

What about haaland’s kick in the head with studs raking head of the CP player no card no sending off and no protest from their manager

1 Like

Didn’t see that. Will have to wait for the media to mention it.

Oh wait…

1 Like

That wasn’t a card, come on. He is going for the ball and ball only. Can’t believe you react to that too !
I mean, I get the annoyance with the Palace goal that maybe should have stood though.

Just like Mane was against Ederson ~4-5 seasons ago but Edersons theatrics (after he knew Mane foot would be there whereas Sadio won’t have seen him until he’s basically got the ball) ensured we got an early red against cheaty?
To be honest I would be quite pleased if something really awful befell that club and those players and manager.

4 Likes

There were consistently correct decisions once?

I would like their owner to be sanctioned, their money frozen and the club losing their players to bankruptcy. So I don’t exactly wish them well in general. Maybe I am biased concerning Haaland as well as I like him, but I don’t think many ref’s would give a card in that situation really.

1 Like

Yep; in the days before the advent of the Premier League, when there was no agenda or “narrative”, decisions were generally more accurate.

Of course, there were still poor ones but with nothing like the frequency we see now, although in mitigation it could be argued that modern technology makes errors easier to identify.

3 Likes

Also referees were closer to the players in professionalism.

Someone independent really needs to shake it up from top to bottom. It seems a cut of your jib by the blazers still running most local FAs not to mention the appalling attitude of amateur players to young refs. I tore into one of my players once for it.

Until you set out a progression route and fund it properly all you’ll get is these arrogant fuckers, I think it’s why Rugby Union still has less issue.

I’ll ref a game for £35 in my own teams league because I know the club won’t tolerate it but would I ref a game outside of that structure no chance. I’m not getting abuse from a shit kickers dad for 90 minutes like he has the first clue what offside is. Oh and If your going signal VAR I’ll signal a yellow card (we have sin bin at that level now so it’s handy for us to just send them there for ten mins, Captain or some older head is usually around to set them straight).

3 Likes

So was Sadio when he got sent off at the Emptihad for the exact same thing. It doesn’t matter if it was intentional. It put his opponent in danger of injury. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

And points dropped?
Another amazing decision.
Well done ref

1 Like

Do you think if a Liverpool player had done that even if it was unintentional would have been considered unintentional remember Mane getting sent off for a far less dangerous kick

3 Likes

By the way I have nothing against Haaland just the decision rules have to be applied evenly

5 Likes

If you can remember that far back…maybe.

1 Like

How do people see these sunday games going this afternoon?

I think we got 2 50/50 affairs and what should be a comprehensive Spurs win.

Stevie really could do with a win to ease the pressure on him.

& I think this game for Newcastle could really show if they’re a serious top 6 contender.

1 Like

Villa draw

Newcastle win

Spurs draw

I can’t it is only thanks to fellow reds that reminded on this thread haha