Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

The first half was mostly Villa but unable to score as the game went on the started to run out of ideas and conceded. Inexperience without a doubt.

2 Likes

Yeah was my feeling. I can see why the club wouldn’t spend mind, plus Bournemouth got promoted off top notch form over a year ago. They’ve been bad for a while now.

I think Parker is just a bit average

2 Likes

Ideally, his squad should novv be better than last season even vvithout Graelish though. His team and many signings should novv have glued arguably.
That is, if a successful pattern of play had been established. Perhaps it has not.

1 Like

Oi !!!

Edit: fake account

The very top managers have a clear idea of how they want to play and recruit players who can implement their system. Villa have some good players and have spent a lot of money but they have no recognisable identity. They seem a functional team to me and reliant on individual skill. Added to that I don’t think Villa fans have any particular allegiance to Stevie so patience will be wearing thin. I can’t see him lasting much longer there.

4 Likes

Did I just hear Carragher use the word ‘personified’?

Turned off Sky when I heard who the two pricks were on commentary.

Watchingit on now sports and praying for a Forest win.

2 Likes

I think a lot of that comes down to the seeming slapdash work they did while Smith was still manager. Stevie has only had 2 windows to help put that right, one of which was a Jan window not long after he arrived. But I think the identity thing is still a fair criticism. We saw with Klopp that even without the right players you can stamp that on your side, and I think with Stevie you can get someone to watch their games and you probably wouldnt be able to identify which were the players who have come in under his watch.

With that said though, when you fall out with your captain CB and spend 30 million plus on his replacement, a signing that was a coup for a club of your standing, and he ruptures his Achilles on his debut, there are some strong winds blowing against you.

1 Like

Forest doing ok.

I usually mute them and listen to some music.

They’re fighting back…

Neco…geez…try again

Why are Forest without a shirt sponsor?

Forest are doing ok, up to a point. The final pass is lacking around the box.

2 Likes

A draw would be fair meanwhile imo

1 Like

Forest look vulnerable at the back when spurs break.

I think Forest need to go to specsavers…how many more ‘near’ misses…

Not so clever there eh…Arry…ya cheat.

Looks like a spurs pen and sending off.

1 Like

Oh dear…