Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

His loan ended at the end of last season. They had an option to buy, but they bought Rafinha and unexpectedly resigned Dembele so decided they didnt need him. I think this is the last year so of his contract at Wolves so will probably move again in the summer

3 Likes

Gordon and Rodrygo look like the same FIFA player avatar, with only hair and slight complexion changes

1 Like

Jesse Marsch clearly stating that Everton started out wasting time and continued that all game. We need to score first otherwise they’ll do our head in!

6 Likes

Yeah it was worse than that last season.

I guess this is their tactic now.

2 Likes

I feel the premier league buys its own hype a bit. They portray themselves as the most entertaining league in the world and I think they over emphasize the role of “any team being capable of beating another” in that. The result is tactics that narrow the gap between the good teams and also rans are considered good for the brand, even if it produces a shitty game of football (or moments of football arranged around a series of stoppages).

They SHOULD get the PGMOL to call a special session with the refs immediately to address strategies to deal with systematic time wasting because it results in shit games. But they wont because they think Everton being able to shithouse their way to draw against us next week is good for the brand regardless of how they go about it.

5 Likes

Yup, I do hope others don’t drop to the level we saw tonight and Everton in general but I feel it’s going become more endemic.

Can’t sleep so looked at the other highlights Wolves couldn’t put a single thing on target, seems Travers was dropped but harsh considering only one of the goals was his fault.

I don’t think Neto actually saved anything as the only shot on target was cleared off the line by the defender.

Antonio assist is lovely, Westham looked the better side and could have won.

1 Like

TBF they’ve tried to address some parts of it with the multiball system, which is a good improvement.

But if Andre Marriner just stands there doing nothing when several of them in sucession keep kicking the ball away at throws/free kicks, what’s the point.

Teams do it because they push the boundaries to get any type of advantage - and why not, if the ref just allows it? The most egregious was THAT Chelsea game, and Mourinho himself has said he was absolutely amazed it wasn’t clamped down on - so just continued to take the piss.

1 Like

It’s simple. Have transparent timekeeping. Stop the clock when a player goes down and when there is a substitution. Stop the clock when you have to speak to a player or issue a card. It works perfectly well in all other sports…it will happen eventually so get on with it.

7 Likes

Or give the opposition 1 free kick at the guilty player.

That would be entertaining to watch :rofl:

Problem is they will milk that concussion scenario for all it’s worth

A 0-0 with a smattering of injuries and red and yellow cards will do nicely.

Shit game so far.

2 Likes

Sancho 1-0, Brenda on the brink.

That’s embarrassing from Leicester.

Where is the defence?

Nvm, typical Rodgers this.

1 Like

It was just terrible team defending. Why the hell are the fullbacks so far up when they’ve just had their keeper punt the ball.

Leicester probably don’t have the money to sack him off hence hanging onto him.

Wonder if they’ll pull the trigger before or after they still have a chance of survival.

Oh look Dalot rightly gets a yellow card for pulling back Barnes.

Where was this when he was assaulting Diaz?

LC are ultra shit.

I feel they must be just a week or two away from playing three at the back as Rodgers hits his tactical tinkering stage

3 Likes

Who’s first, SG or BR.