Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

watch us get 9 and balls it up the following week.

2 Likes

As funny as this sounds - by the way this season is going it’s probably what would happen :expressionless:

Give me draws away against City and Chelsea if we beat Arsenal, Leeds and Forest after that - that’s three teams who beat us in the first part of the season.

I wouldn’t.

However, if we had to be lose one of those three, I would prefer it to be to Arsenal.

1 Like

a vs City
a vs Chelsea
h vs Arsenal
a vs Leeds w
h vs Forest w
a vs WHU d
h vs Spurs w
h vs Fulham w
h vs Brentford w
a vs Leicester d
h vs Villa w
a vs Saints w

Can see 23 points in the last 9 games if we somehow hit some form soon.

Think 70 points will definitely be enough in the end.

So 5 points vs City, Chelsea and Arsenal would be great for a start.

3 Likes

See what happens now.

Still hopeful we can get Europa League but it will be dependent on what we get the next three and if nothing how we react.

We are at a point where there is no team we can’t beat though our away records at Man City and Chelsea aren’t great but then there is no team that can’t beat us with our own demons.

Also Brighton have a similar run with the FA Cup Semi and another game to be arranged.

Newcastle dropped off the pace last year after a resurgence so who knows if that continues and their fixtures mixed.

Spurs look good on paper but the issue with them is wider than just games.

So I’ll see hopeful but not expectant.

2 Likes

So you think between now and the end of the season we can go unbeaten? How delusional can 1 be?

Looking at how inconsistent we are this season (and mostly disappointing), I’m not looking further than the next game.

Did not say we won’t get beaten in the next three.

After that hopefully we find some form.

That’s what I wrote, right.

Potential bad news for Leeds’ quest to stay up.

More trouble for Spurs.

Conte and Spurs was a bad match, but you have to think having Paratici as a buffer between him and Levy was what allowed it happen in the first place. These troubles almost certainly played into Conte trying to get himself sacked as there was no way he was going to stay there if he wasnt going to be able to work with his long time partner

1 Like

really? how’s your memory

3 Likes

1 loss in the first 16 league games?

undefeated in the last 10.

1 Like

Yes I see that but 1 loss in the first 16 games is an indicator to me that despite all the injuries at the back we had we were still capable of going on an unbeaten run because the rest of the team were still capable, and so we did.

This team in the state it’s in, isn’t.

and it’s the same team that did 60 games with FOUR cup finals the following year, minus Gini.

And that’s the same team that’s faltering this season, but at times showing great results in singular games and looking completely lost the next.

anything is possible.

2 Likes

Possibly yes but highly unlikely IMO.

no question, but it cannot be ruled out at this time. that’s just pessimism. throw hands in air, sign in disgust and walk away

That’s where you’re wrong.

Might as well say that team is the same as this, minus Gini & Sadio. Quite evidently it’s not unless you want to neglect all mental and physical aspects.

is IS the same team. same players. two years later.

I’m just not going to engage you on these topics anymore, it’s a waste of my time.

Throw the book at him.