Premier League 2023/24 (Part 1)

Not watching but looks like Arsenal are back to making easy work out of the weaker teams in the league.

When is the next time they play a decent team to bring them back to reality? :grimacing:

This is more on palace than arsenal. For most the first half arsenal were largely lifeless but dominating an even worse palace side. Arsenal were the pretty much gifted two awful goals from set pieces and they may as well stopped the game at half time

3 Likes

Palace are possibly the most ambitiousless club in the league. It doesn’t become anymore evident than going back to appoint Roy.

They finish 12-14th basically every season. Worrying times when even Bournemouth and Forest are outspending you.

Mateta Schlupp Clyne Ward Ayew Hughes, championship calibre players they’ve kept for too long.

To be more creditable to arsenal, if you can win without getting out of second gear in the spring you take the points and move on to bigger challenges. they also played with more freedom in the second half but only against a side already accepting its loss and playing in a way that was demanding Roy be sent to the farm.

1 Like

A dickslapping.

Didn’t realise Potter was at the game.

Roy says the first two goals were questionable and the injury time goals made it look worse than it was.

Okay, Roy. Time for bed.

Woy: “At 3-0 we were staying in the game.” :joy: This is the same guy who said we’re not too big for a relegation scrap.

“Crystal Phallus pans” - Robbie Earle.

I genuinely don’t understand how beating a 14th place team at the Emirates, even 5-0, can meaningfully be said to ‘reignite their Premier League title challenge’. As long as you are within two games, you are in it, but picking up the soft points is exactly that.

3 Likes

Absolutely fucking sick of hearing about Ivan Toney.
Hope Forest twat them

2 Likes

He should have his head bowed and a commitment to reearn his teammates’ and fans’ respect, but he is being treated like he’s a returning hero. He fucked his team over by participating in illegal activity and getting hit with a big ban. The coverage of it is weird, but Brentford making him captain on his return is distatseful.

But I think this sums up the incoherent attitude towards gambling in the commercial enterprise that is top level football.

1 Like

That cunt Franck gets on my tits too.

Hopefully now Toney’s back, Brentford can go back to playing some semi half decent football…

Also need to pick up some desperately needed fantasy points, we all know people’s FPL teams take #1 priority around here, so with that being said a Toney hatty wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m learning so much about the Musk Ox, the whales and the other animals on NBC. I don’t mind if I miss the kick off again.

1 Like

RB Leipzig vs Leverkusen for me.

1 Like

Wow Danilo. 0-1 Forest

Trademark Toney that, perfect placement on the free kick. 1-1

Perhaps time to stick a bet on Toney winning the golden boot.

Incoherent, you say… Teams are actually being sponsored by betting institutions, I think that half of Balkan used to watch Premier League games on illegal streams that were piggybacked off streams that Bet365 offered on their website a decade ago or so.

I have my vices but I genuinely hate gambling with passion and the line should be drawn when it comes to sponsorships with sport institutions because I fail to see how there’s not a conflict of interest there - promotion of a dangerous and potentially life-threatening habit notwithstanding.

3 Likes

Few would consider me a prude, but the embrace of gambling across all sports is really bad. But that’s not just a moral take, it’s the incoherence. Imagine if Virgil got suspended for using services provided by TeamViewer (Utd’s shirt sponsor) or opening a bank account of Standard Chartered? It’s absurd that the game can take money from companies that the players are not allowed to to business with for the good of the game.

6 Likes

I have $10 vs my wife on a Toney hattrick. She give me good odds, though.

Some amount of hamstring injuries this season.

Also why is Toney being treated like a sob story?

1 Like