Premier League 2023/24 (Part 1)

I thought it was absolutely brilliant from Toney tbh and Forest can take their tears to the championship.

The thing is Toney doesn’t even need to move the paint, he could’ve just replaced the ball giving him a slightly better angle (you know, like all free kick takers do), still scored and no one would’ve batted an eyelid.

He seemed to jump like a cat after that

Nauseating discussion on SSN just now.
Sue Smith when asked if Ivan Toney is the second best striker in the Premier League.
Rattles off other contenders for that mantle, Ollie Watkins, Calum Wilson, Dom Solanke.
Clueless dope of a woman

3 Likes

Serves you right for watching Sky Sports.

2 Likes

did she think the question was solely about English players?

Nope.
Warnock reminded her of Jota, and she went, oh aye :joy:

1 Like

Premier League No GIF by Liverpool FC

3 Likes

Even if we lost both we’d be at most 4pts behind Man City if they were win both and their game in hand.

2pts without the game in hand.

2 Likes

On no, not Chelsea!! Whatever will we do?!

1 Like

Take no results for granted but as I pointed out every team is 5pts behind us (one has a game in hand). It would be a blow to lose both but not over.

You can flip it that if we were to win them both that potentially leaves it over for Arsenal who also play at Notts Forest. Probably not agree but it has as much if not more value, than whatever this is.

As good as Man City are with runs we aren’t too shabby at them eithier.

It’s going massively rely on injuries and so on.

4 Likes

Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

2 Likes

I’ve been saying it all season: the only thing that can prevent us from winning the league is the refs.

5 Likes

Injuries could hopefully it’s limited from now on

2 Likes

The truth is the Chelsea mercenaries usually up their game when we play them. They’ve also turned around their form over the past 5 games and started to string some wins together. It’ll be a tough game.

4 Likes

He’s not wrong.

On the other hand, within the next week we could be seeing stories about City probably needing a win at Anfield to have a chance of catching LFC.

I guess that is why they play the games?

8 Likes

Right now I feel more concerned about Forest and Brentford away.

2 Likes

I assumed he means that after taking 6 points from Chelsea and Arsenal the rest of the league will think there arent enough opportunities left for us to drop points and so “it’s all over” meaning the league is ours.

1 Like

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Nah, he isn’t that smart :blush:

2 Likes